• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE.com surveying for new PPV name

viLky

ykLiv
WWE has a survey online asking people which of the four names they like best for a PPV:

o-- WWE Champions
o-- WWE Uprising
o-- WWE Revolution
o-- WWE Vengeance

Source: wwe.com and pwinsider.com

WWE Champions just sounds terrible. It's just Night of Champions, but shortened. Vengeance is just meh... while Uprising and Revolution are my favorites. They sound really good.

According to Wikipedia the PPV after Over The Limit is called "Capitol Punishment". What the hell? When did this come about? Not sure if somebody was just fucking with Wiki, but that sounds awful. Over The Limit sounds awful, too.

Hopefully, WWE is getting rid of the "themed" PPV and changing the name to one of the following listed above. It takes the randomness out of matches if you have a theme PPV with that match type. :cry:

o-- Do you like any of the names the survey has listed?
o-- What do you think a good PPV name would be?
o-- Are you sick of theme PPVs as much as I am?

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I don't really like any of the names listed, but if I had to pick the best of the bunch, it'd be Uprising.

I don't think Capital Punishment is that bad. Although, Over The Limit is pretty lame. Haha.

viLky

ykLiv
Over The Limit reminds me of some Fast and Furious sequal tag line. It's too race-y for my liking.

Uprising is now making me think of Muse (is that good or mad)? If WWE does decide to use it they better request to use that song for the PPV. =D

viLky

ykLiv
Because I feel it takes away from the randomness of the WWE. We used to have wrestlers get... say... a ladder match at SummerSlam. Now? No, we have to wait for Extreme Rules. We used to be able to get a steel cage match going. Now? Nope, we have to wait for Hell In A Cell PPV. It takes a little bit of fun away from the WWE when we can no longer have a theme match outside a theme PPV.

I also feel the WWE should cut back on PPVs and only have 8 a year. There is just far too many as there is, and besides, they need more time building up the feuds.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Because I feel it takes away from the randomness of the WWE. We used to have wrestlers get... say... a ladder match at SummerSlam. Now? No, we have to wait for Extreme Rules. We used to be able to get a steel cage match going. Now? Nope, we have to wait for Hell In A Cell PPV. It takes a little bit of fun away from the WWE when we can no longer have a theme match outside a theme PPV.

I also feel the WWE should cut back on PPVs and only have 8 a year. There is just far too many as there is, and besides, they need more time building up the feuds.
I agree entirely, I hate the gimmick pay per views, in my opinion it just doesn't work.

As for the poll why are they bringing back WWE Vengence? Do they feel it deserves a second go? I would personally rather have Backlash back and I really don't understand how they can justify having "night of champions", its just an excuse to put titles on the line they don't normally do.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Capitol Punishment was change a while back, and I believe the Pay Per View is in Washington, if I'm not mistaken. Which makes it even more hilarious.

I personally don't like any of them. I hate that the WWE change the Pay Per View names every year. Make up your mind with something and stick with it. The only thing this is doing is, it's confusing wrestling fans.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Vengeance already has been a name of a WWE PPV in the past though, hasn't it? I don't think I made that one up in my head, did I? haha

Uprising seems okay but I agree Over the Limit is a baaaad name.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
First off, Capitol Punishment is going to be a one-time thing since it is DC.

I filled the survey out and chose Vengeance. BRING IT BACK, WWE.

I don't mind the PPV gimmicks, really. Bragging Rights and Money In The Bank are possible big sells every year. I think MitB is going to be great this year.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Vengeance already has been a name of a WWE PPV in the past though, hasn't it? I don't think I made that one up in my head, did I? haha

Uprising seems okay but I agree Over the Limit is a baaaad name.
Vengeance is probably my favorite choice...if they're only thinking of the Night of Champions PPV's name, Champions would be my second...just because that means there's a chance that it would be a focus on all of the titles that never get a focus lol.

To be honest, I like Revolution too. Uprising isn't bad, but if we're picking between synonyms here Revolution sounds more powerful lol.

Yeah, Millz, Vengeance was the name of the June PPV before Night of Champions was established (according to a quick internet search, at least).