• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE Championship Lineage

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The next question is this...

If they do decide to unite the WWE and World Titles do they keep the World Title lineage that dates back to Triple H being the first champion?

I might quit watching if they do that.
No WAY that they'll do that, lol. Whatever they do call it, The WWE Championship or the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, will probably just keep the history of the WWE/F champions on board.

One sucky aspect of a merger is that it would probably mean forgetting all of the lineage behind the former WCW Heavyweight belt.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
No WAY that they'll do that, lol. Whatever they do call it, The WWE Championship or the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, will probably just keep the history of the WWE/F champions on board.

One sucky aspect of a merger is that it would probably mean forgetting all of the lineage behind the former WCW Heavyweight belt.
The WCW title lineage is already over, actually. The first WWE World Heavyweight Champion was Triple H...that was when Bischoff brought it back because Lesnar took the Undisputed WWE title exclusively to Smackdown. The design was the only thing that was the same.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The WCW title lineage is already over, actually. The first WWE World Heavyweight Champion was Triple H...that was when Bischoff brought it back because Lesnar took the Undisputed WWE title exclusively to Smackdown. The design was the only thing that was the same.
I had forgotten that (obviously)! I think that was stupid, just like the lineage messes are now (or potential ones)...I mean if you have greats in the past holding a title, why leave them out? They seem to love mentioning it when new guys like Brian win the U.S. Title. Even if titles names change, there's no reason to leave the past behind. :mad:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Chris Jericho would be the first Unified World Champion. Not Hunter. I think that Chris Jericho should have that honor. He was the first undisputed champion.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had forgotten that (obviously)! I think that was stupid, just like the lineage messes are now (or potential ones)...I mean if you have greats in the past holding a title, why leave them out? They seem to love mentioning it when new guys like Brian win the U.S. Title. Even if titles names change, there's no reason to leave the past behind. :mad:
I agree...what's the point? Good point about Bryan...they can say he's won a title that Austin, Flair and Steamboat had won. It's kind of ridiculous what they've done with the tag titles and women's title.

Chris Jericho would be the first Unified World Champion. Not Hunter. I think that Chris Jericho should have that honor. He was the first undisputed champion.
Well technically Chris Jericho is the first undisputed champion. In the record books it shows him winning the WWE title and it shows him wining the WCW title in that same night. Obviously those are different stats then the current World title that of which Triple H is the first ever champion of.

Last edited:

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
they wouldnt dare get rid of the wwe title history...

no chance in hell...

as far the tag titles and womens i dont really care...although the tag titles have a rich history