• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE Champions (10-1)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
411mania.com: Wrestling - The Contentious Twenty 11.01.10: WWE Champions (10-1)

411Mania made a top 20 WWF/E Champions and I decided to post his top ten list.

I agree with a lot of people on the list, but I don't understand why John Cena is in the top five this early in his career, and there's no way he deserves to be ahead of Macho Man. Randy Savage is one of the best wrestlers of all-time and John Cena is no where near him.

Hulk Hogan definitely deserves the number one stop, he's the most popular wrestler of all-time, yes I believe he did more for the WWE then Stone Cold did. If there wasn't a Hulk Hogan then Stone Cold might of never got the chance to become a great wrestler for the WWF.

I wish I saw more matches of Bruno Sammartino, I've read many great things on Bruno, how great he was in the ring, he was such a professional and had incredible work ethic.

Glad to see Bret Hart make it in the top five(listed at the four spot) he had an incredible run in the 90's as a WWF World Champion. Arguably the best wrestler to ever hold the belt.

Thoughts on the list?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Hulk Hogan number one!!!!!!!!!!! Hulk Hogan number one!!!!!!!!!! That makes me sick, John Cena number 5, is an insult! This list is bogus, where was Shawn Michaels! Shawn Michaels should of been in Cena's spot! Hogan should of never ever been on the list!!! Cena should of not been on the list as well!!! This list is complete bullshit. I am pretty sure Unity is happy with this list. Geez!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There not ranking their wrestling abilities here GB, they are ranking their runs with the World Championship belt. Hulk Hogan deserves to be number one and I would like to know reasons why he doesn't belong on the top of the list.

I do agree with you on John Cena though. He definitely doesn't belong in the top ten, not now in his career.

Curious to know your top five GB.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
This list is by title runs and abililty, a faaaaiiiiirrrrr list.

1. Bruno Sammartino
2. Brett Hart
3. Shawn Michaels
4. Randy Savage
5. Stone Cold

The reason I don't want Hogan #1 is because as you all know I can't stand that guy. I hate him back then and I hate him now. But if they are going by runs he "deserves" to up there but that list should go by ability and runs, not just by title runs. If this list was really going by title runs Bruna Sammartino would be #1 because he held that title the longest. Hell, I like Hunter, but I don't even think that Hunter should be on the list. This list is unfair. LOL!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I enjoy your list, and I respect your list. But I still believe Hogan belongs on the top spot. Like I've said plenty of times, when it comes to wrestling the first thing that comes to your mind is Hulk Hogan.

He's not the one who put wrestling on the map, but he's the one who elevated the company. He made the WWF/E tons of money, he put tons of butts in the seats, sold out arenas everywhere. He was a great Champion even though he wasn't talented in the ring. In my book he belongs up there. But each their own.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree with what BR has said; without Hogan's championship runs a LOT of the current people wouldn't have had such good exposure or title runs, themselves. He deserves it, regardless of whether or not you're a personal fan.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I know I've missed about 70% of Cena's title reign, but does he really deserve to be ahead of The Rock and Triple H on that list?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
John Cena at 5? Ahead of The Rock, Macho Man and Trips? Oh my fucking God... this list so bad, its not even funny.