• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PPV WWE Capitol Punishment thread

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yep, that's the next PPV.

I guess that's a replacement for Night of Champion's? Or was it the Bash? Who knows these days.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I haven't yet seen OTL, it will most likely be viewed next weekend at a friends but I did want to comment on the name of this PPV. Are WWE kidding? Is it me or is this one of the worst names that have come up with? I shudder to think that someone in a meeting actually thought this was a good idea...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The funny thing is that the next PPV is in Washington. Should be interesting to see if it's a normal Pay Per View or most of the matches will have stipulations.

I do believe that we'll see a lot of the same matches that we just saw at Over the Limit, but I do hope there's a few new additions. I wonder if it's going to be Cena vs. Miz again, or Cena moves on.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I personally think that Capitol Punishment is a one-off for this year, since it is in DC.

Miz/Cena is DONE. They had 3 PPVs to feud, and I think it is about time that he moves on to face either Truth or Del Rio (I hope Del Rio). Christian/Orton will most likely continue, and we will probably see Sheamus and Mark Henry make it a four way? Lawler/Cole better be done. Barrett/Zeke again? Kofi/Someone?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here are the announced matches so far...we need to get some discussion going for this haha

Cena vs Truth, WWE Title
Orton vs Christian, World Title
Miz vs Alex Riley
Barrett vs Jackson, IC title

Gotta think we'll see something like Punk vs Mysterio or maybe a tag title match as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is it me or the WWE could care less about this Pay Per View? They have done such a bad job in promoting Capitol Punishment, it's quite emberassing. They just started announcing matches last week.

I don't like the card all that much to be honest. Not interested in R-Truth and Cena at all. Truth has done a good job as a heel, but the match will be really bad. Christian vs. Orton should be interesting, but I think the outcome is pretty obvious.

The only match I'm looking forward to right now is Riley and Miz. I wonder if Riley will be able to put on a great match at a Pay Per view.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another possible match would be Big Show vs Alberto Del Rio as well. Which I'm not all that interested in either.

I'm with you, Biz. This PPV is just kinda bleh. They care more about the stupid flashbacks vignettes with Obama then anything else.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
you were right about big show and del rio and mysterio/punk as they were both annoucned tonight...

i think im most exicited for miz and riley bc the buildup has been good and piper tongiht made me care about it even moreso!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree about Riley and Miz. There's a long story involved and having Piper involved tonight on RAW just made it seem even bigger. I remember the last time Piper showed up it was to tout Cena and Barrett so it's a big match.

I just don't know how it's going to end!

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
I agree about Riley and Miz. There's a long story involved and having Piper involved tonight on RAW just made it seem even bigger. I remember the last time Piper showed up it was to tout Cena and Barrett so it's a big match.

I just don't know how it's going to end!
true enough...

also as good as truth is as a heel hes got no shot at winning...not sure the match will be good either...

christian/orton might be good though