• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PPV WWE Battleground 2016

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
WWE Heavyweight Title match (for now)

(c) Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I imagine we will see Owens vs. Zayn straight up, and that will be the end of it. Also, from the looks of it, we may see the Wyatt Family take on New Day. Wonder if the Women’s Championship will be defended this time around?!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely agree about Owens and Zayn...this will be their blow off match and then I imagine they'll be drafted to separate brands.

New Day vs Wyatt's makes sense...

Women's..not sure. Sasha vs Charlotte makes more sense for Summerslam but who knows...might waste it at Battleground.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
If they wasted The Shield Triple Threat at Battleground, they'll probably do the same for the Women's Championship. Although they'll more than likely give Charlotte the win in the first match and have Sasha Banks win the title at Summerslam, on a bigger stage.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The tag titles between The Wyatt Family and The New Day won't be defended. I hate when they do that. I understand on Raw or Smackdown, but if they'll have a match at a Pay Per View, the titles should always be defended.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The tag titles between The Wyatt Family and The New Day won't be defended. I hate when they do that. I understand on Raw or Smackdown, but if they'll have a match at a Pay Per View, the titles should always be defended.
I agree with you. The tag titles are one of the most fun for me, and when they pulled this crap at Mania I was really ticked. Don't wait until the feud is stretched out to put the belts on the line.

I'm looking forward to a couple of the matches on the card very much, but I don't expect any big changes. I'm more excited for draft night than for this, I have to admit.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Then I guess you might all be mad that Charlotte won't be defending the Women's Championship as she's teaming up with Dana Brooke to face Sasha Banks & a partner of her choosing.

Honestly, I'm seeing 2 options here: it's either Bayley debuting or Nikki Bella returning. Otherwise, people might end up being disappointed.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Then I guess you might all be mad that Charlotte won't be defending the Women's Championship as she's teaming up with Dana Brooke to face Sasha Banks & a partner of her choosing.

Honestly, I'm seeing 2 options here: it's either Bayley debuting or Nikki Bella returning. Otherwise, people might end up being disappointed.
It's so stupid. Titles are supposed to be defended at Pay Per Views.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I know. But they clearly want Charlotte vs Sasha to happen at Summerslam. And they probably don't wanna waste Sasha's momentum by having her lose straight up one-on-one versus Charlotte prior to Summerslam. At least, that's what I think.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I guess I'll be the one to kick off the Battleground predictions for Sunday night

WWE Championship: I got a sick feeling that for some odd reason, Vince will give Roman Reigns his title back. Just to give him one last shot at redemption. Even though we know how this is gonna end.

-John Cena, Enzo Amore & Big Cass over The Club. Time for Cena to tie the score against AJ Styles for their ultimate showdown at Summerslam.

-Kevin Owens over Sami Zayn. Although I will be satisfied whoever wins this one. But I think that with his surprisingly low draft rank, Owens needs the win more than Sami.

-The Wyatt Family over The New Day. I think the Wyatts need this win, but more importantly with Bray Wyatt going on Smackdown to be one of the top heels, he should go over. And besides, it's a non-title match so it won't hurt The New Day. I'm expecting shenanigans though.

-Sasha Banks & mystery partner over Charlotte & Dana Brooke. Sasha says that her partner is "somebody that not even Meltzer can guess" so this should be a pretty interesting choice. Making a bold statement: this will be a Diva we haven't seen in a long time in the ring. And just like in New Day's case, a loss won't hurt Charlotte's momentum given it's a non-title match.

Intercontinental Championship: The Miz over Darren Young to retain. Can't see how the challenger who was picked in the non-televised portion of the draft can logically win the championship.

United States Championship: Rusev Machka Zack Ryder. I think it is self-explanatory.

-Natalya over Becky Lynch. If this is the top Smackdown women's feud, I can't have Becky Lynch go over right away. Nattie should logically go over in this one.

Kickoff Match: Breezango over The Usos. You damn right, I'm picking Breezango in this one. And The Usos are now so stale that I wanna see Breezango get a push on Smackdown. Could be interesting to see them take on American Alpha down the line.