• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE All Stars

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Any wrestling fans here on the forum planning on getting this game?

It came out today, I'm fighting the urge to go pick it up right now.

It's an arcade-style wrestling game with over-the-top moves and character models/animations. It's kind of like the wrestling game version of The Bigs vs. MLB 2K.

It features a roster of modern day WWE superstars, along with a roster of classic competitors such as Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Bret Hart.

Thoughts?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I still haven't finished Smackdown vs Raw 2011 in the way that you can as yet plus I have just got two new games recently so it is unlikely I will be buying it but I will look up some vids on youtube and see how it looks, I might change my mind.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I might swing by Block Buster and see if I can rent it. The few minutes I watched of Raw last night, the commercial for this came on. I could definitely get a few days worth of entertainment out of it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I just went and picked it up (one of my favorite review sites gave it a B, which was good enough for me!), so I'll let you know what I think sometime soon.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm definitely interested to know if you like it Unity. I'm debating on whether to get this game or not. I'm not a huge fan of the over the top moves that they display in the commercials, it's just not realistic compared to the other wrestling games I played. But I might totally wrong and might end up liking it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I won't be getting it anytime soon. I prefer accurate wrestling sims, and not this arcade-y style. Plus all of the modes just seem too similar.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I actually prefer the old arcade-style wrestling games. They were my favorite when I was younger. I always enjoyed beating people with a tombstone or pile driving them from out of the screen. Haha.

I do still enjoy the realistic ones as well though.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm definitely interested to know if you like it Unity. I'm debating on whether to get this game or not. I'm not a huge fan of the over the top moves that they display in the commercials, it's just not realistic compared to the other wrestling games I played. But I might totally wrong and might end up liking it.
I actually prefer the old arcade-style wrestling games. They were my favorite when I was younger. I always enjoyed beating people with a tombstone or pile driving them from out of the screen. Haha.

I do still enjoy the realistic ones as well though.
This game definitely brings back that old arcade-style feel to a wrestling game. It's definitely over the top but it is a lot of innovative visual fun in doing so. Biz it's not realistic, but it's fun in its roster and style. I'd suggest at the very least giving it a rental and seeing what you think.

There isn't a huge variety in match types, but it's one of those ones that's just a lot of fun to pick up and play. The learning curve on its controls and style definitely takes a while. It would be a great game to play with some buddies.

Kons, that arcade-style WWF game you're talking about was awesome...I'd call this its modern day equivalent (you don't hit people with objects and people don't throw out weird items when you hit them, but it's cartoonish and the finishers are just insanely fun).

viLky

ykLiv
Note: To my knowledge the game DOES NOT have the Royal Rumble. That sucks. It's one of my favorite things to do in WWE games. Have friends come over, do the Royal Rumble and have terrible characters win. Blah... ;(

Not really my type of game, so I'll pass. MvC3 is what I'll stick with.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Note: To my knowledge the game DOES NOT have the Royal Rumble. That sucks. It's one of my favorite things to do in WWE games. Have friends come over, do the Royal Rumble and have terrible characters win. Blah... ;(
Well, if that's the case, then I'm not buying it. I think the Royal Rumble match makes all the SvR games worth it (especially on Xbox Live.) I will be renting it tho, just to see what it looks like. I was watching the game play on YouTube and it really closely resembles Legends of Wrestling. ('member, it was a game for the PS2 back in 2002?)