• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wwe '12

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Looks like the Smackdown vs. Raw series is being reinvented this year, and boasts some new "Predator Technology" that boasts giving a more realistic and fluid wrestling experience. The game will now be called WWE '12, and is coming in late November of 2011.

I'm definitely looking forward to my yearly WWE game purchase now!

from WWE: Homepage > Inside WWE > THQ > WWE '12 > THQ?s ?WWE ?12? arrives this fall :

THQ’s “WWE ‘12” arrives this fall

May 31, 2011

The latest evolution of THQ’s groundbreaking WWE franchise, WWE ‘12 promises to deliver the most realistic in-ring action ever seen in a WWE video game to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii consoles on Nov. 22 with a bigger, badder and better gameplay experience than ever before.

Reinventing its iconic SmackDown vs. Raw series, WWE ’12 boasts all-new Predator Technology, which provides the most fluid and realistic animations ever seen in a WWE video game, improved artificial intelligence (A.I.) and an innovative “Breaking Point” submission system. Immersing the WWE Universe in the action even further is WWE ‘12’s dynamic TV-style presentation that utilizes new rendering and lighting technologies to masterfully recreate the unique thrills of Raw, SmackDown and WWE pay-per-view events.

Complementing its robust roster, WWE ’12 features the most expansive creation suite to date, with a wide selection of tools allowing members of the WWE Universe to create their own Superstars, entrances, finishing moves, storylines, highlight reels and more. Players can then share and download their creations online, allowing limitless gameplay possibilities.
WWE ’12 will also feature a bigger, badder and better “WWE Universe” mode, empowering players to determine the destiny of WWE‘s Superstars and Divas with storylines, matches, alliances and rivalries that are shaped by their decisions. Additionally, a revamped “Road to WrestleMania” mode allows WWE Universe members to experience the action, drama, twists and turns as they choose their favorite Superstar and embark on an exciting journey to The Showcase of the Immortals.

WWE ’12 arrives on Nov. 22 in the U.S. For more information, visit

http://www.thq.com.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds pretty good to me! I have been hoping for a change in the game for a bit now since i think the whole Raw vs Smackdown concept is outdated.

Definitely will pick this up.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm really looking forward to reading more about the change in gameplay...I mean the closer WWE games could get towards simulation (as with games like Madden and MLB 2K/The Show) the cooler it would be to play.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Some of the gameplay changes have me excited.

But the big thing for me is if there is more than one CAW RTW story. I just want more variety.

shanewatson001

Registered Member
WWE 12 is a very expected game. All World Wrestling entertainment games are mind blowing and very inspiration to all. Its show them WWE 12, which provide the great control systems and many others controls to move them easier. WWE 12 is not just to playing. Its very enjoyable game and we apply it many of inspiration and the new category also.

BigBob

Registered Member
I quit buying wrestling games a few years ago. I only bought WWE Smackdown VS Raw because I got it for 50% or 75% off and played it twice. There hasn't been a wrestling game that's blown my mind since Here Comes The Pain. Hopefully this changes me.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
With wrestling games and me, I don't necessarily need my mind to be blown. We'll see how different this one is, but really I just need a fun experience. I expect the big budget games to break records, etc. I only expect wrestling games to be fun and to bring some variety from one year to the next.

I'm optimistic because of how they've talked up this year's version, but the video that was streamed live from E3 didn't look a ton different...one cool thing was a dynamic camera that did cinematic angles (true to TV) as you did moves. They still have to polish the game for another month or so.

BigBob

Registered Member
With wrestling games and me, I don't necessarily need my mind to be blown. We'll see how different this one is, but really I just need a fun experience. I expect the big budget games to break records, etc. I only expect wrestling games to be fun and to bring some variety from one year to the next.
I guess mind blowing was a bad term to use.

I should've just said good.

I think the last couple of Smackdown games have been terrible. Next-gen games are terrible, IMO, compared to their Past-gen counter parts. Sports games in general were better on the older systems. I want to be able to free roam and be able to go where I want during a falls-count anywhere match.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
want to be able to free roam and be able to go where I want during a falls-count anywhere match.
That's definitely a feature that I miss...I don't see how it would be so hard to incorporate into newer games. They have "backstage brawls," but you can't move from one area to another.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wwe 12

"WWE 12" E3 Gameplay Demo - YouTube

The new WWE game looks awesome, and I'm definitely going to purchase it. There's going to be a lot of characters from the past that you'll be able to use, and the gameplay looks really realistic. I'm glad that they decided to stop Raw vs Smackdown and go with a general video game. Can't wait to try this baby out.

Here's the roster.

Raw: John Cena, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Husky Harris, Santino Marella, David Otunga, Evan Bourne, Goldust, Zack Ryder, Mason Ryan, Triple H, The Miz, Alex Riley, Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio, Michael McGuillicuty, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Mr. McMahon, CM Punk

Smackdown: Ted DiBiase, Mark Henry, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Tyson Kidd, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Kane, Yoshi Tatsu, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, The Undertaker, Christian, Sin Cara, Ezekiel Jackson, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton

Divas: Eve, Natayla, Maryse, Layla, Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, Kelly Kelly

Legends: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat, Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal, Vader, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, Demolition Smash, Demolition Axe, Edge, The Rock

Last edited: