wtf happened to rep power?

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Malificus, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

It mysteriously halved for like, 3/4 the people I can check

Blueyes likes this.

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

It was cut down to keep us from killing the system again. This new system will keep the numbers from jumping as high and as fast as they did the last time.

I think Mr Wizard will take off the limiters for no holds battles for the Group wars.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm playing around with it. I am trying to come up with a good formula and it might go up or down over the next few days or so.

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'm pretty sure that was cover by the whole change down to the new system. Hell, the rep caps alone stop that. I'm wondering why I went from rep power around 37, to 22 even though I have more posts in the last 24 hours.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I'm still trying to figure out where people see these things at because I have no idea how much I give away.

viLky likes this.
  6. Mirage

Yeah it lowered a bit for some people and I'm trying to tweak it. It should go back up by tomorrow or the next day.

What factors do you guys think should be most important when determining rep power?

The 4 things from the other thread were, level, 24/hr posts, awards and posting spree. What order do you guys want to place emphasis on?

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

level, 24/hr posts, posting spree, awards.

That order. Actually, I'd go with something like

rep power = level + ((24/hrposts)+(posting spree)/5) + 1 per award

8. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

1. level

2. awards

3. 24/hr posts

4. posting spree

viLky likes this.
  9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I think 24 hour posts should be important because it allows newer members to account for their lower level by posting a lot. But let level be the most important to reward the most dedicated members

10. Mirage

I was thinking of adding 30 day posts into the equation too. Maybe weighing 30 day and 24 hour posts into the same part of the formula. Good idea?

Van likes this.