• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wrong number pinpoints insurgents plans to attack Americans

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Roland_Jenkins

Registered Member
Good article. I posted the link on another website.

leopard22

Registered Member
Interesting story, but the bleeding heart liberal inside of me has to reproduce part of it here:

Many troops said they were psyched by the prospect of killing the person on the other end of the phone.

“I love this [expletive],” said Sgt. Nicholas Hake-Jordan, 23, of Springfield, Ore.​

I know the article's writer is writing for the Stars & Stripes so they gotta be gung ho, but this is going a bit too far. Do we really want the troops to be "psyched" and looking forward to killing someone. Little Nike sounds a bit too into kill mode as well.

I'm not saying these guys didn't deserve to be ambushed. I just don't like people taking pleasure in killing other people, no matter who they are.

End of sermon.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I am sure that none of those guys over there take actual pleasure in killing another human being. The fact is that they are in a war zone that means kill or be killed. If you can't get yourself in the *killing mode* you will end up being on the be killed end of the stick. I think the excitement was being two steps ahead of the bad guy here, and knowing they had the upper hand.

of course they would be excited. Because that just happens to be their world right now.

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with Bunny. The "thrill" of outsmarting your opponent is exciting in itself. I'm sure there is also a "rush" they feel after a victory, but I agree that it's probably victory based in general, and not the fact that they killed people.

I know several people who were over in Iraq and they don't talk about killing people much, although they did talk about the actual "act" of winning battles. Just not specifics. I don't think it's something people like to think about.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Go watch United 93 and think about the families of the people on the plane. Think about how close these guys came to taking down the US. I am thankful there are people who are eager to take out these scum. Its not for me personally, but I'm glad someone is doing it.

leopard22 said:
Interesting story, but the bleeding heart liberal inside of me has to reproduce part of it here:

Many troops said they were psyched by the prospect of killing the person on the other end of the phone.

“I love this [expletive],” said Sgt. Nicholas Hake-Jordan, 23, of Springfield, Ore.​

I know the article's writer is writing for the Stars & Stripes so they gotta be gung ho, but this is going a bit too far. Do we really want the troops to be "psyched" and looking forward to killing someone. Little Nike sounds a bit too into kill mode as well.

I'm not saying these guys didn't deserve to be ambushed. I just don't like people taking pleasure in killing other people, no matter who they are.

End of sermon.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Spence said:
Go watch United 93 and think about the families of the people on the plane. Think about how close these guys came to taking down the US. I am thankful there are people who are eager to take out these scum. Its not for me personally, but I'm glad someone is doing it.
Well said! :nod:

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I agree spence! sometimes I think how quickly people forget