Wrong Mail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you sometimes get your neighbors mail by mistake and do you walk over and give them their mail?

I get my neighbors mail in my mailbox occasionally and I think my mail person should get their eyes checked. When I get my neighbors mail, I walk over and knock on their door and give them their mail. The other day, my neighbor got my mail and put it in my mailbox. Now is not the time for my neighbor to be getting my mail because I am waiting for my tax refund. I sent it in last month and I was like I better hope that my check didn't come that day.

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

That has only happened to me a few times, so I don't have a need to complain about it, all just human errors, they happen.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It hasn't happened to me since I moved out in December, but when I use to live with my parents it happened all the time. Usually we would just walk over to their house and leave it in their mail box. Some of our neighbours use to get our mail as well and just delivered it to our house.

4. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

This rarely happens- My mailman is on the ball most of the time but when it has happend in the past, I've just pushed who ever's mail through their letterbox in their front door. :)

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I still get mail from past tenants who lived in the condo before I did. I always just put it in the return box. I wonder how many people open mail that doesn't belong to them?

6. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

My mother-in-law was infamous for this!

In the past, she used to rent out one of her bedrooms to lodgers like: foreign exchange students, people who were in the middle of a divorce, etc, etc. and sometimes their mail would continue to come to her house even after months of them being long gone; anyway, I'd say the first few weeks I was living over here, I walked out to the kitchen to find her running the ex-lodger's piece of mail across the steam from the electric kettle a few times and opened it!:-o She said, "This is so and so's piece of mail" and I said, "Isn't opening someone else's mail illegal over here"? She replied, "I don't care, really".

:shifteyes:

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

At home, I will just run it round to whoever it belongs to. I don't think we've ever been given mail intended for someone who was further away than the very next house along. At university, we always get mail addressed to someone who doesn't live in our flat. We have no idea who it is and got fed up of returning them to reception only to get more the next week, so now they just get thrown away if it doesn't look important lol. :S

8. Shiryo

Shiryo Registered Member

Got a different mailman recently, so it hasn't been as frequent. Usually the intended addresses were further down the block, though... So that was a bit strange to make such an error, but eh. Humans.

When it did happen, we usually went to the house and just put it in the mailbox.

9. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

@ Ccup - I'm fairly certain it's illegal to open other peoples mail, but hey...

It's very rare in South Africa to still have a home address as a mail address. We tend to have boxes at our nearest post office, so the odd time I do get someone elses mail, I would not have a clue where they life to take it to them. I just do return to sender.

10. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I now know the neighbor didn't get my check because it came in the mail today. Woo hoo!

We always get a letter for the previous owner of my house. I wrote return to sender and said this person does not reside here but they keep sending it anyways.