• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Writing Prompt

SuiGeneris

blue 3
I know I have to do these every day for a writing course I'm taking, but I was wondering if everyone would be interested in a contest of sorts.

Anyways; someone (the judge or whomever) would think of a word or saying; and then each person who entered would write a short story/narrative/poem (whatever) using that word as the focus.

So example:

Writing Prompt is Society

Entrant A writes poem about how unfair society is.
Entrant B writes a story about the next matrix.
Entrant C writes a story about a man who takes over the world.
Entrant D writes a poem about education.

You get the idea. Just wondering if people would be interested in it. It's a great practice for writers, and I thought it'd be pretty interesting to see where people go with this.

Ã

Æshættr

What? You can't respond to the writing prompt with an essay? It really just depends on what the writing prompt is, but if I get an idea I'd go for it.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
An essay is fine to. Really any form of writing you want to use is ok. I was just giving examples.