Writing Down Thread Ideas For Later?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If you have a good thread idea do you write it down in case you forget, or could you care less?

I keep a notepad file on my phone of any thread ideas I have throughout the day. I delete them as I post them but I generally will leave a few in there in case I won't be on much one day and still want to get a few threads posted.

Right now I have 9 threads in the holster to post at later dates. :lol:

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

You can probably guess my reply based on the amount of threads I make :lol: yeah, I never do this. I just don't understand how people get good ideas, so I don't even try anymore. I think I need to post another one soon though.

But yeah, no is the answer.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought of a really good thread this morning and now I can't remember it. So no, I don't, but I should.

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I used to write them down when I was working in the bar, on the order-notepad. If the place was dead, I'd just chill, thinking about stuff, and then BAM! Thread idea.

Nowadays if I have one and it's a doozie, I'll maybe type it as a memo on my phone. I usually forget about them, though...:hmm:

I also tend to make them about sig/avatar ideas, or anything at all, really. :lol:

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That happened to me last night. I thought of a great thread idea and as I went to type it in I noticed I hadn't deleted some old ones that I already posted. Well I deleted them and suddenly I realized I had completely spaced the idea I was about to write in the first place. :shake:

The world may never be the same. It might have been the best thread ever created. We will never know. (Unless of course I remember it later on. :nod:)

6. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Whenever I have an idea, and have my iTouch with me, I write it down as a note. I have a note in the Notes app called 'Threads'.

Impact likes this.
  7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I just use the notepad feature under My GF.

8. Nick-Aotmzgin

Nick-Aotmzgin Registered Member

i come up with threads thinking of threads or inspireing myself through the corridors of my brian! a walkthrough, to a perfect replay or t.s thread!

9. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I hardly ever start a new thread so that tells you how often I think of a good one.
    I have come up with great ideas while doing nothing at work but have always forgotten them by the time I get home.

I thought of a great thread while taking my daughter to school but the idea left my brain as I left the playground.
    Besides on the times I think I have come up with a really good thread it has either already been done in the past or I sit down and think that its not so great and dont go through with posting it.

I dont think writting them down would do me any good in the long run.

10. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't give a rats, I never right any down, I just remember them as best I can.