• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Writing Down Thread Ideas For Later?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you have a good thread idea do you write it down in case you forget, or could you care less?

I keep a notepad file on my phone of any thread ideas I have throughout the day. I delete them as I post them but I generally will leave a few in there in case I won't be on much one day and still want to get a few threads posted.

Right now I have 9 threads in the holster to post at later dates. :lol:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
You can probably guess my reply based on the amount of threads I make :lol: yeah, I never do this. I just don't understand how people get good ideas, so I don't even try anymore. I think I need to post another one soon though.

But yeah, no is the answer.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I thought of a really good thread this morning and now I can't remember it. So no, I don't, but I should.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I used to write them down when I was working in the bar, on the order-notepad. If the place was dead, I'd just chill, thinking about stuff, and then BAM! Thread idea.

Nowadays if I have one and it's a doozie, I'll maybe type it as a memo on my phone. I usually forget about them, though...:hmm:

I also tend to make them about sig/avatar ideas, or anything at all, really. :lol:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought of a really good thread this morning and now I can't remember it. So no, I don't, but I should.
That happened to me last night. I thought of a great thread idea and as I went to type it in I noticed I hadn't deleted some old ones that I already posted. Well I deleted them and suddenly I realized I had completely spaced the idea I was about to write in the first place. :shake:

The world may never be the same. It might have been the best thread ever created. We will never know. (Unless of course I remember it later on. :nod:)

Twitch

Registered Member
Whenever I have an idea, and have my iTouch with me, I write it down as a note. I have a note in the Notes app called 'Threads'.

Nick-Aotmzgin

Registered Member
i come up with threads thinking of threads or inspireing myself through the corridors of my brian! a walkthrough, to a perfect replay or t.s thread!

wolfheart

Registered Member
I hardly ever start a new thread so that tells you how often I think of a good one.
I have come up with great ideas while doing nothing at work but have always forgotten them by the time I get home.

I thought of a great thread while taking my daughter to school but the idea left my brain as I left the playground.
Besides on the times I think I have come up with a really good thread it has either already been done in the past or I sit down and think that its not so great and dont go through with posting it.

I dont think writting them down would do me any good in the long run.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I don't give a rats, I never right any down, I just remember them as best I can.