Movies Writers' leaders hail strike deal

Steerpike

Registered Member
Here is the link to the complete article.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Writers' leaders hail strike deal

Writers' leaders hail strike deal

Leaders of striking US film and TV writers have told their members they have reached a "tentative deal" which could end their three-month strike.
"While this agreement is neither perfect or all that we deserve, our strike has been a success," guild members were told in an e-mail.
The strike centres on payment for work distributed on the internet.
If the unions governing boards back the deal at meetings on Sunday, writers could be back at work on Monday.
The row over "residuals" has crippled film and TV production, left other industry workers out of jobs and led to the cancellation of last month's Golden Globe awards. The deal would also guarantee the Academy Awards ceremony will take place as planned on 24 February.
If the striking writers find the deal to be acceptable, then television shows and movies which have been affected can go forward.

So what do you think about this and what, if anything, has been affected that you want to see in production?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its about time that this strike is over, I believe it really effective a few television programs, and a few movies as well, but now that their close of signing a deal we won't be seeing this problem anymore. Thank god.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Its about time that this strike is over, I believe it really effective a few television programs, and a few movies as well, but now that their close of signing a deal we won't be seeing this problem anymore. Thank god.
Are there any specific projects that you are interested in that were affected by this strike?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
This strike has made me realize how much I absolutely despise reality TV.
No kidding. It seems that's all that has been on lately. There are a few new shows that have come out but I'm not sure who is writing them.

Steerpike

Registered Member
We have an update on the story.

Hollywood Writers Strike Is Over, Guild Members Vote To End 3-Month Walkout That Crippled Hollywood - CBS News

(CBS/AP) Striking Hollywood writers are going back to work.

The Writers Guild of America said its members voted Tuesday to end their devastating, three-month strike that brought the entertainment industry to a standstill.

Writers will be back on the job Wednesday after voting in Beverly Hills and New York.

"At the end of the day, everybody won. It was a fair deal and one that the companies can live with, and it recognizes the large contribution that writers have made to the industry," Leslie Moonves, chief executive officer of CBS Corp., told The Associated Press.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Time for everyone to waste their lives sitting in front of the tv again.

Seriously, though, I'm glad the strike is over. Any longer and they might have come up with new reality shows again.

Steerpike

Registered Member
Time for everyone to waste their lives sitting in front of the tv again.

Seriously, though, I'm glad the strike is over. Any longer and they might have come up with new reality shows again.
It is not just television that was affected, movies were affected as well. There is a certain project that New Line is doing that some people are interested in which can now go forward. :)