Movies Writers' leaders hail strike deal

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Steerpike, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Registered Member

Here is the link to the complete article.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Writers' leaders hail strike deal

If the striking writers find the deal to be acceptable, then television shows and movies which have been affected can go forward.

So what do you think about this and what, if anything, has been affected that you want to see in production?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Its about time that this strike is over, I believe it really effective a few television programs, and a few movies as well, but now that their close of signing a deal we won't be seeing this problem anymore. Thank god.

3. Corona

Corona Registered Member

This strike has made me realize how much I absolutely despise reality TV.

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

But the strike made late night better O:

5. Steerpike

Are there any specific projects that you are interested in that were affected by this strike?

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

No kidding. It seems that's all that has been on lately. There are a few new shows that have come out but I'm not sure who is writing them.

7. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

All my favorite shows were effected due to the fact one of them (Heroes) had to end prematurely due to the strike

8. Steerpike

We have an update on the story.

Hollywood Writers Strike Is Over, Guild Members Vote To End 3-Month Walkout That Crippled Hollywood - CBS News

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Time for everyone to waste their lives sitting in front of the tv again.

Seriously, though, I'm glad the strike is over. Any longer and they might have come up with new reality shows again.

10. Steerpike

It is not just television that was affected, movies were affected as well. There is a certain project that New Line is doing that some people are interested in which can now go forward. :)