• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wrestling pet peeves

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought this could be a very interesting thread. What are some of your biggest pet peeves when it comes to wrestling?

To avoid turning this thread in to a spam thread, lets set of minimum of three every time you reply.

Here's a few I cannot stand:

-People in WWE, TNA, or any company "WHAT?" chanting. It was alright when Steve Austin did it, but for me, It has worn out and people should just stop.

-Michael Cole saying Vintage.

- Old gimmicks/angles getting rehashed years or even decades later

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
1. When there is a match usually in the main event when a wrestler punches somebody in the face the fans go "oooohh...oooohh...oooohhh.".

2. Matt Hardy

3. The GM angle.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Here's a fresh one: 1. The WWE making Daniel Bryan dance on RAW last night. Completely ridiculous for his character. I guess my pet peeve is their writers.

2. The WWE using itself to deal in politics, I don't care if I agree or not. Making your announcer use the phrase "If you want to stand up to elitists" on a broadcast is ridiculous. Kids watching shouldn't have to be exposed to that BS yet, and we should just get our wrestling.

3. TNA not using the X-Division to push a larger number of wrestlers...for example, Kiyoshi...and now Brian Kendrick, who seems to be getting pushed big time but they bring in this Jersey Shore reject to feud with Jay Lethal for the belt.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Here's a fresh one: 1. The WWE making Daniel Bryan dance on RAW last night. Completely ridiculous for his character. I guess my pet peeve is their writers.
Appararently we are going to have to get use to this, because according to 411mania.com the WWE wants to continue the "Ladies Man" character for Daniel Bryan.

2nd pet peeve Hulk Hogan.

3rd pet peeve: Unity's avatar.:lol:

3rd legit pet peeve: WWE denying "Stand Up for the WWE" shit has nothing to do with Linda McMahon.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really do hope that they don't turn Daniel Bryan into a Ladies Man. It makes no sense whatsoever. Just let him be a wrestler and that's all you need. I just wish they gave him the Chris Benoit gimmick, it would fit him really well.

Here's some more:

- Commentators acting like they've never seen something happen when it happens all the time, eg King being shocked when Cena goes to the top rope.

- Ad breaks in matches
-How Cole only cheers for certain heels but praises other faces. Either make him full blown heel or not.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
1. The WWE making Daniel Bryan dance on RAW last night. Completely ridiculous for his character. I guess my pet peeve is their writers.
^ What he said.

A part of me died when Daniel Bryan did the splits last Monday night. Way to go WWE, thank you for making one of the guys I truly respect look like a laughing stock.

Another thing that pisses me off to no end is Cody Rhodes' kneepadless knees. I think I've said it way too many times already and I bet everyones sick of me saying it, but I stand by it.