• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wrestling icon Ric Flair admitted to hospital

Powerful

Registered Member
As I have stated in the past, I no longer watch wrestling, but I did watch a lot of Ric Flair matches as a youth.

Reports say he's out of surgery but far from out of the woods. C'mon, Naitch.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Definitely sending thoughts, prayers, & WOOOOOs Ric's way. The Nature Boy has a lot of people cheering him on right now.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
According to Mean Gene Okerlund's Twitter account, his surgery was colon-related. But at least, despite Naitch being still in very serious condition, the outlook seems a bit more positive than it was this morning. Will keep sending positive vibes to the Flair family.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, kidney failure is no small thing. That's the reason behind the colon surgery. Still hoping that things will get better in the next few days.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Yeah, Dave Meltzer also updated Flair's status, corroborating Wendy's statement about Ric. He said that Flair received an external pacemaker and his heart is getting stronger so that's great news. The major issue seems to be the kidneys & an infection but they have to wait for the kidneys to get better before treating the infection, if I understood correctly.