• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wrestling Hand Gestures

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Similar to gang signs, in a way, hand gestures in professional wrestling have been popular for years now.

Examples include the Fortune gesture, Matt Hardy's V1, The Wolfpac sign, etc.

What are your favorites?

Which ones do you dislike?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't dislike things as small as hand gestures. They just add flair, to me.

I love the Fortune hand gesture. Wolfpac as well.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
To be honest I don't actually remember that many now that I really think about it but I did like The Hardys during the attitude era and also I quite liked the Dudleys. Oh and also The Motor City Machine Guns.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was a huge fan of the Wolfpac sign, me and my friends still even do it time to time. Same thing with the Black and White NWO sign. N W O 4 Life. Another one that I enjoyed was the Diamond Dallas Page sign before the match started and before he did the diamond cutter. And who didn't like the flipping the bird from Stone Cold Steve Austin.

There's a lot more, but those are the ones that stick out at the moment.

Ziggy

Sup?
Back when I was a huge John Cena mark I used to love the "You can't see me" hand gesture. Then I hit puberty and lost interest.

BigBob

Registered Member
Degeneration X's "Suck It" gesture. I've still got my "Suck It" t-shirt I got a few years ago and throw it on every now and again. The Rock and Austin's turnbuckle gestures were always awesome too.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I was a huge fan of the Wolfpac sign, me and my friends still even do it time to time. Same thing with the Black and White NWO sign. N W O 4 Life. Another one that I enjoyed was the Diamond Dallas Page sign before the match started and before he did the diamond cutter. And who didn't like the flipping the bird from Stone Cold Steve Austin.

There's a lot more, but those are the ones that stick out at the moment.
The Wolfpac sign is probably my all-time favorite, haha. In my and Millz' Senior Yearbook video from high school, I'm up in a corner doing the sign. So classic.

I'm a huge fan of the Fortune sign right now, and you've got to love the classic 4 Horsemen gesture.

An interesting one right now is what Alex Riley was doing for a while, I think it was the same sign that comedian Dane Cook has used (and was even picture on the stage of one of his standup specials)...I wonder if A-Ry becomes popular if there would be some sort of Lawsuit.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
One of the first ones I thought of was "bang! bang!" by Mick Foley. I always really liked that one.

Obviously all the others mentioned are good ones as well but I wanted to throw that one into the mix.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Four Horsemen was so plain, but yet so awesome. I loved it when they pulled it out. It also helps that they have one of the best wrestling theme songs of all-time.

Another that I enjoy, and surprised that Unity didn't mention it was the ROB VAN DAMME hand gesture, that one is pretty cool too.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Foley's "Bang! Bang!" and RVD's thumbs are two greats, they're just so classic.

RVD's especially, it's probably one of my personal favorites. Some gestures are perfect for crowd participation, and that's one of them. Especially with his TNA theme music. The crowd really gets into it.