Wrestlers who were only heels/faces

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Over the history of professional wrestling how many people can you think of that were only a face their entire career or were only a heel their entire career.

I think it'll be hard to find very many names. It seems most guys will switch at least once in their career. I might be wrong but wasn't Mysterio a heel in WCW at some point or am I mistaken? Were the Filthy Animals faces?

Anywho, use this thread to name one person and we'll discuss it. My first pick that I can think of is Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. I dont remember Steamboat at any point in his career being anything but a face...and it worked for him.

Ultimate Warrior was always a face throughout his career, I believe.

For short term there is The Great Khali. He's been in the WWE about... a year so far? Only role was a heel. Ugh...

Give me more time to think. Hmm.. *ponders*

Last edited:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Warrior, nice one. He could get really over as a heel these days if he wanted to come back and do it. He's very hateable.

Has Mark Henry ever been a face? I dont think he has.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe that Jeff Hardy was always a face but I could be wrong on that one. I also believe that Yokuzuna was always a heel, I don't think he was ever a face.

Wow this is actually harder then it looks. That's the only two that I can think of as of right now.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Has Mark Henry ever been a face? I dont think he has.
Sexual Chocolate was a face.

Isn't Vince's character a heel by nature? Same for Shane McMahon.

I don't remember Road Dogg ever being a heel.

+ Funaki has always been a face from what I remember.

Are we counting wrestlers who only been here for a month or so? If so, then there should also be a big list filled with short timers.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy were actually heels when Michael Hayes was their manager and then they became the "New Brood." It didnt last long because the fans loved them but they were heels.

Funaki was a heel when he first joined WWE(F) as a part of Kaientai with Taka, Dick Togo and that other dude who I can't remember.

I guess Henry was a face there but I dont think he got many cheers haha

Vince McMahon was a face during the Invasion angle technically. Shane and Steph were the heels.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Doesn't Vince have two on-screen characters, though?

Mr. McMahon (the heel big, angry boss)
Vince McMahon (more of a face and good natured)

They call him by different names during different personalities.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Doesn't Vince have two on-screen characters, though?

Mr. McMahon (the heel big, angry boss)
Vince McMahon (more of a face and good natured)

They call him by different names during different personalities.
Yeah, you're right. I just dont remember if during the Invasion angle what they referred to him as. Usually when Vince has an ongoing television role he's Mr McMahon and he's Vince when he makes one time appearances and things like that.