• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wrestler Podcasts

thealigator

Registered Member
Since discovering what a podcast was back in the early 2000's, mainly listening to Film Podcasts, I have been listening to a far amount of Wrestling podcasts over the last two years, from independents such as the scottish based Inside the Ropes who review the current product to british based Attitude Era podcast who review podcasts of the Attitude Era, hence the title.

Podcasts One seem to be the main group to check out if you want wrestling podcasts by wrestlers including Steve Austin, Jim Ross and, Chris Jericho (throws up in mouth a little). You also have Colt Cobana who can quite rightly lay claim to starting the revolution of wresting podcasts.

Now of course Steve Austin is on the WWE Network from time to time all be with (I imagine) Vince glaring at him to make sure he didn't say anything he shouldn't and Chris Jericho has had one or two shows on it and to the credit of Steve they are good, his interview with Vince was very watchable as was HHH's, if not just little bit cringe worthy.

I am not sure who WWE have planned for next but it is likely I will watch and or listen. Do you have any interest in them? Do you listen to them or do you see them basically as a gimmick?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I listen to a lot of different podcasts via the podcast app on my iPhone -- My favorite is probably Austin's when he's talking wrestling or has good guests. He lets his thoughts fly and isn't really controlled by WWE so it's fun hearing his analysis. Plus he's hilarious. I also enjoy JR's, Jericho's, and of course the original - Colt Cabana. I haven't listened to the latter in quite a while though because his guests haven't been that interesting in the last year or so.

I listened to my first Flair podcast recently which was hilarious as he interviewed Sting. I don't think I'll be listening to a lot of his though.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like Austin's the best but JR and Jericho's are cool too. It's fun getting to hear them talk to guys they went up and down the road with.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Stone Cold has done a great job with his Podcast. I was a bit disappointed when he teamed up with Brock Lesnar, but most of his guest have been quite enjoyable. Looking forward to the Ric Flair in a week from tomorrow.

I've listened to a few Podcast from Y2J, and for the most part they were fairly entertaining. Same with the ones of JR.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Jericho's is the least fun for me because of the non-wrestling guests he gets. That doesn't always bother me in these podcasts, but his are usually hair metal types and that doesn't really interest me that much.