• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wrestlemania repeats?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
This year at WrestleMania, we're getting Rock vs. Cena II as well as HHH vs. Lesnar II. Millz speculated in another thread that we may even get Jericho vs. Ziggler II.

What do you think of these Wrestlemania "rematches?" What are some pros and cons? Do you enjoy them or would you prefer all new feuds?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like them when it makes sense. Rock vs Cena II for the WWE makes sense but if they try it a third time next year I'll be mad. Unless one of them is a heel, of course.

HHH and Lesnar is a big deal too provided they do something different.

Austin and Rock wrestled three times at Mania...with their Wrestlemania 17 match the greatest match in the history of pro wrestling and they were all great matches so it can work.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My concern at this stage is that Rock vs. Cena and HHH vs. Lesnar, while good on paper, feel exactly the same as they did last year. The WWE isn't challenging itself and it's WM time.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
But they are money matchups and I think that's all they really care about in the long run haha

At least we've got Punk and Undertaker...that's fresh haha

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
What do you think of Undertaker repeats, specifically back to back years with HBK and HHH? If he did that with Punk I had a feeling I'd be cool with it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought it worked, yeah. The HBK matches were just epic both years with Mania 25 being the best but they had a story for all four of those matches so I enjoyed it.

If Punk got to do it twice I'd like that as well but Cena vs Undertaker would be huge too.