• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Advice Wrestlemania is too long

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know I shouldn't complain about too much wrestling but from 2 hours of NXT on Saturday and then RAW and Smackdown after Mania...it's just too much.

I say that because they're saying Mania will be 7 hours this year, including the pre-show. It may not end until 11PM central, midnight eastern time. That's too long! It's like how it used to be at Mania's 3 through 7 where they went 4 hours and had a shit load of matches, most of which didn't matter.

I'm not saying this year is bad because its gonna rule but it's toooooooo looonnnggggg

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Everyone is saying that but personally I love it. The more the better. Don’t get me wrong, I hate that will probably at midnight on a work night but give me all the wrestling.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only thing I'll say in its defense its that they are using the time more wisely these days. Instead of putting Breezango vs the Ascension on the card, they stick them in a battle royal. Back at WM7, for example, we didn't really need to see Texas Tornado vs Dino Bravo, did we? Or the Mountie beating Tito Santana in a minute.

So its longer but the matches are longer and the storytelling at least makes sense. So eh, whatever.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Everyone is saying that but personally I love it. The more the better. Don’t get me wrong, I hate that will probably at midnight on a work night but give me all the wrestling.
Actually, I know some of my friends will be taking next Monday off because of Wrestlemania and how long it will last. But still, I'm also of the opinion that if you love pro wrestling, it shouldn't matter. I focus on the positives and there are lot of matches on paper that could prove to be very exciting. On both the Kickoff and main cards.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Actually, I know some of my friends will be taking next Monday off because of Wrestlemania and how long it will last. But still, I'm also of the opinion that if you love pro wrestling, it shouldn't matter. I focus on the positives and there are lot of matches on paper that could prove to be very exciting. On both the Kickoff and main cards.
I just remember last year...I could barely keep my eyes open for Undertaker and Reigns. I can't imagine how tough it is being there.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's way too long. I love wrestling, but let's go for quality over quantity. Same goes for Raw. I know at Mania that the quality should be there, but there are a great deal of matches that could be cut. The battle royals feel unnecessary, for example. Extra long but with the main card itself being 3 hours is something I can get behind. I bet we'll see fan fatigue during matches that deserve much better.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You have to keep in mind that the WWE also want to give a chance to many wrestlers/divas to earn a WM paycheque, and to appear on the grandest stage of them all. Hence, why the show keeps getting longer.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess I don't mind the battle royals...they're on the preshow anyway, ya know? And I agree its nice to give everyone a chance to be on the show.

They keep adding guys to the roster so I guess this is the norm now and since they have their own network they can do whatever they want.