• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WrestleMania 2018 main event speculation

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
With Survivor Series just ending, I thought it would be an interesting time to discuss speculation about the main event(s) of WrestleMania. Before everything has been spoiled ahead of time, haha.

Who would you like to see facing off for each title? Who do you think will win the Royal Rumble? Outside of what seems plausible, what would your dream booking of the title and other featured matches be?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you've listened to guys like Dave Meltzer or Wade Keller, it's Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Title at Mania and has been the plan for a year now. Brock beating guys like Joe and Braun and AJ is just to build to him eventually losing to Reigns at Mania. I don't see it happening any other way.

As far as the WWE title my vote is for Nakamura vs Styles. But that remains to be seen. Just don't want it to include Orton or Cena.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Roman and Lesnar are capable of putting on a good match, just not as good as Styles just did. Roman's a LOT better with Seth and Dean around him so if they stick with the Shield for the next four months he might finally get a pop when he closes Mania for the 4th year in a row.

That said, give me AJ Styles against anybody. Nakamura, Owens or Cena would be my top 3 choices

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It is said right now that the plan is for AJ to wrestle Nakamura at Wrestlemania but they're gonna need to put some momentum back into Shinsuke.

I hate how Vince can slaughter such easy pushes to NXT newcomers. See Bayley.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is said right now that the plan is for AJ to wrestle Nakamura at Wrestlemania but they're gonna need to put some momentum back into Shinsuke.

I hate how Vince can slaughter such easy pushes to NXT newcomers. See Bayley.
They could have Nakamura win the Rumble, which would give him back some momentum, and then he challenges Styles at Wrestlemania. That said, if that ever happens, it would not be the main event at Wrestlemania.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
No, that's Roman vs Brock for sure. No chance of changing Vince's mind.

The thing is that I don't think that right now, Vince sees Nakamura high enough to have him win the Rumble. Even though Roman doesn't need it to challenge Brock at Wrestlemania, I'm fairly confident that he's gonna book him to win the Rumble match this year.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Roman can already get title shots pretty readily, and doesn't need a Rumble win. That being said, if they want to look back at him like a legend throughout the later years of his career, multiple Rumble wins are a big deal. They still impress me. That being said, Nakamura would be fun and would be well-received by fans. Roman would be getting booed a lot still, despite The Shield's reemergence helping his status.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I honestly don't mind Roman. I think he's still improving in the ring and on the mic gradually over time - is he perfect? Hell no. Is he as bad as the internet thinks? Nope. If they let him do his own thing without much scripting, I think it benefits him.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, bringing back The Shield together was a smart move because ever since this happened, crowd reactions have been much more positive for Roman so if they can keep the stable together long enough, he can come into Wrestlemania season with a better momentum than had he been alone without The Shield.

I read that WWE is considering not putting Roman in the Rumble and have him defend the Intercontinental title at the PPV instead. Can't say I'm unhappy with this. People would expect Roman to win if he was in and it's opening up speculations as to who actually will. Hopefully the Nakamura speculations stick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 2
Millz Wrestling 8
HabsMike25 Wrestling 6
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 64
Millz Wrestling 2