• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"Wow! He/she plays in that?!"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure we've all watched old television shows or movies and saw an actress or actor playing in it and it shocked us.

So, got any good obscure appearances of actors and actresses before they were famous?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Nicky from Orange Is The New Black. She plays Jessica in American Pie, I didn't even realise until the other night when American Pie was on.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Here's one for you, Biz - Anthony Edwards was on a TV show in the 1980s called It Takes Two, about a family of 4. Anthony Edwards was the son, Patty Duke played the mom, Richard Crenna played the dad, and Helen Hunt played the daughter. It only lasted one season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's one for you, Biz - Anthony Edwards was on a TV show in the 1980s called It Takes Two, about a family of 4. Anthony Edwards was the son, Patty Duke played the mom, Richard Crenna played the dad, and Helen Hunt played the daughter. It only lasted one season.
That's definitely a good one, Jeanie.

Here's a few that blew me away.

MASH had some great ones. Swayze's was a memorable one, but my favorite was George Wendt.

Nicolas Cage in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," credited as "Nicolas Coppola."

George Clooney on Golden Girls. He was a cop who was undercover at the house, I think the people next door were drug dealers or something. Either he or his partner got shot. (I think it was him).

Rapier

V.I.P.
I think I saw Joey from Friends on Married With Children.

I thought he was "Tony" at first cause he was Irish.
Luke Wilson
And then there was Michael's brother Casey Kelso who had Donna falling all over him. He was Elle woods love interest.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I think I saw Joey from Friends on Married With Children.

I thought he was "Tony" at first cause he was Irish.
Luke Wilson
And then there was Michael's brother Casey Kelso who had Donna falling all over him. He was Elle woods love interest.
Yes, Joey was on an episode of Married With Children. There was supposed to be a spin-off but it didn't end up happening.

And Ross was on a couple of episodes of The Wonder Years. He played the older sister's fiance/husband.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Thanks Shauna.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
My friend was totally shocked when he realized that Leonard from the Big Bang Theory was Chevy Chase's son in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Rapier

V.I.P.
My friend was totally shocked when he realized that Leonard from the Big Bang Theory was Chevy Chase's son in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
And he was a boyfriend of one of Roseanne's daughters.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's another good one:

Ted Danson played one of the kids who made fun of Peter Brady for being in the glee club.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Atreyu Introductions 10
Babe_Ruth Sports 1
dDave Video Games 5
Mirage Bathroom Wall 6
Scissorhands Bathroom Wall 47