Wow! Check This Auction Out!!!!!!! Holy Bible Signed By Pope John 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by stansoft, Apr 8, 2005.

1. stansoft

stansoft Registered Member

2. pork

pork Registered Member

yeah that should get a little bigger i wont be suprise if golden palce takes that one too thats in thier alley as well..

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Re: Wow! Check This Auction Out!!!!!!! Holy Bible Signed By Pope John 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes!! You weren't kidding. $8,600.00 and the reserve is not met.?! 3 days 5 hrs to go.I have to put this in my watch list. This should be fun to watch. :cool:

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Perfect timing too! The number of Pope John Paul II signatures in the world won't be going up ever again, so this is truley a priceless item for the right buyer. It is smart of the seller to sell it because that way it can end up with someone who is going to keep it protected in a case or something.

This is a very cool and very rare collectors item. I wish the seller the best.

:D

5. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I'd love to get this as a gift for my Father....the good Catholic guy. He is the type of person to really appreciate it....or my Grandmother. Ahhh well.....guess it will be another golf shirt for Fathers Day vs a 10,000 signed bible.

Having a debate in my mind (yeah that does happen :)) if I hope this goes to a private person or public place (PLEASE NOT GP)!!!

6. ilovemysteries

ilovemysteries Registered Member

Doesn't having a reserve over 12k seem unChristian? :lol:

7. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I do wonder what the reserve is? It's getting pretty expensive! Then again who knows what something like this is worth....especially now.

8. ilovemysteries

ilovemysteries Registered Member

Interesting Update to Holy Bible Signed By Pope John II

The auction ended @ 13K with reserve not met. It has been relisted for ONE DAY ONLY, starting bid 13K.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6525188567

Since the seller has some ebay experience, I think this is being driven by the Bible's owner.

9. coupleacudanuts

coupleacudanuts New Member

I would take the money & run......

10. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

I cant believe they are holding out for more. I agree take the money and run! LOL