• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Would You & Your Clone Get Along?

Taliesin

Registered Member
I know I could have put this in Chit Chat, but this is kind of a serious question for me.

I've been in therapy for a few months now and the one thing I've come to realise is just how much I hate myself. Seriously, I will tear myself down and stamp myself into the dirt before anyone else can. Not healthy.

So, yeah, it got me to thinking that if I met a clone of myself, I'd want to run as far away from him as I could. I couldn't bear having him around. Ugh!

What would you guys do if you met a clone of yourself? Would you get along?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't think I would get along with my clone. Like you, Eph, I'm not too fond of myself either, and I think that would become even more pronounced if I could see myself in another person. Also, I'm extremely competitive, and that can bring out another side of me that isn't very pleasant to be around.

dDave

V.I.P.
Having someone exactly like me would be like a dream come true. :lol: I'm not some massively inflated ego that just wants more of myself, don't get the wrong idea here. Some people may not like having a clone but having someone that shared all of the same interests, physical ability, etc. would be really fun to have around I think.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I don't think I would get along with my clone. Like you, Eph, I'm not too fond of myself either, and I think that would become even more pronounced if I could see myself in another person. Also, I'm extremely competitive, and that can bring out another side of me that isn't very pleasant to be around.
I can imagine that having two of you competing so fiercely with one another would be very far from a dream come true, right? Things would just escalate out of control!

Having someone exactly like me would be like a dream come true. :lol: I'm not some massively inflated ego that just wants more of myself, don't get the wrong idea here. Some people may not like having a clone but having someone that shared all of the same interests, physical ability, etc. would be really fun to have around I think.
See, as amazing a guy as you seem to be, I wonder if even you would get sick of yourself after a while. :D

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I don't think I would get along with my clone at all. I like myself and all. That's not the issue. But I am very competitive and competing against myself would be demoralizing and the height of counter productiveness. Also, I am very irritable and would drive myself nuts. :lol:

Taliesin

Registered Member
I don't think I would get along with my clone at all. I like myself and all. That's not the issue. But I am very competitive and competing against myself would be demoralizing and the height of counter productiveness. Also, I am very irritable and would drive myself nuts. :lol:
YOU? Irritable?! Surely not! :-o

I know what you mean though. I guess we don't tend to think about whatever our own annoying little idiosyncrasies might be because we don't face them day in day out. Other people do. It would be confronting to see them as others do really.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure here, it would be nice to have someone to talk to that saw things just like I do. I could also get twice as much done. Then again having to look at myself all the time might get annoying. I have a tendency to be critical about myself so I would also be that way towards them, don't think they would want to be around me too long.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I'm not sure here, it would be nice to have someone to talk to that saw things just like I do. I could also get twice as much done. Then again having to look at myself all the time might get annoying. I have a tendency to be critical about myself so I would also be that way towards them, don't think they would want to be around me too long.
That's a good point actually. I never thought of it that way. I think it falls apart for me though because I tend to procrastinate a lot, so all we'd end up with is twice the procrastination! :lol:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's a good point actually. I never thought of it that way. I think it falls apart for me though because I tend to procrastinate a lot, so all we'd end up with is twice the procrastination! :lol:
If that happens just blame it all on your clone. I would, everything will be that bitches fault and I'll make her do all the dirty jobs that I don't want to do.:lol:

Taliesin

Registered Member
If that happens just blame it all on your clone. I would, everything will be that bitches fault and I'll make her do all the dirty jobs that I don't want to do.:lol:
Well, why not exploit them a little, right? I know I'd want to! :lol: