Would you trade your body?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Blur, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Blur

Blur iPimp

If, given the chance, would you trade your body for another? Say you don't like yours for whatever reason...and found this other more appealing. Could you live with yourself if you traded? Could you live knowing the fact that you didn't work to get that body in the shape it was in, the scars you don't know how they got there, other markings, etc? What about if you saw your old body walking down the street? What if you got in a fight, would it be too wierd hitting your old body?

Just a few random questions that popped in my head. I will probably edit this or post a reply with my thoughts later.

2. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

Well for me there are two sides to this. One the one hand I've always wanted a body with broader shoulders but I don't care that much about it. On the other hand I'm mostly content with what I got. I'm not good looking or anything but I don't care. And as far as would I be able to hit my body while in another, I'd beat the shit out of myself because of some of the stupid things I've done.

3. R.Lewis_52

R.Lewis_52 Guest

Yea i would trade my body but its not that i dont like it i love my body. If i traded it it would be because i wanted to have more muscle definition...

4. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I'm at a point in my life where I'm perfectly content with my body. I've worked hard to keep it in shape and have earned every scar on it. So, no I wouldn't want to switch to another one.

Hoosier.

5. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Now that I've been more active and have begun to get more muscle and lose weight...nah, it'd be interesting to trade bodies but I'm currently working on this one.

Otherwise it'd be like:

"Mr. Robinson, all I need to do is change the oil and this car'll run again."

"No thanks, Jeb, I think I'll go buy a new one."

"Mr. Robinson, has someone clocked you with a tire iron or something?"

6. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

In an instant. I have no particular attachment to this body... I haven't done anything particularly memorable that was directly related to being in this body, and in fact the lack of memorable things itself may be partly related to being in this body. I'd be more than happy to trade for another one that was more appealing. Could I fight myself? Nah, probably not right away, it would be too weird... but after a while, when the new body became in my mind, my body... yeah, I probably could, if it came to fighting.

7. raddmadd

raddmadd Registered Member

i wouldn't. it'd make me feel weird. plus the ladies would miss this one ;) lol. but idk i like mine. i have no need to trade it.

8. Mare Tranquillity

Mare Tranquillity Elite Intellectual

Yes, I suspect I would. I would like to be completely male or female rather than stuck in the middle like I am. I think that a normal, operational female body would probably suit me quite well--Jessica Alba, for instance. I don't think I would miss my old body, I came by all my scars honestly but doubt that I would miss them any more than I miss the dents in my old truck now that I have a new one.

No, I wouldn't beat up on me, I don't beat up on anybody because it's bad karma and there is already enough suffering in the world without my adding to it.

9. The Abyss

The Abyss Guest

I would only trade my body if i knew who would be going in it, and also the body i would trade with would have to let me get the same skills.

I would be 50/50 on this.

yes, i would like a new body with stuff i could pick out

no, becuase it's my body.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well this thread makes me think of a possible future for the human race . . . the custom design of people through gene therapy. I've heard bits and pieces of this, but scientists are close to being able to 'design' people by changing the genes of an unborn child. So, parents could 'build' a child.

I would be very much against this, I just thought I'd bring it up since we're talking about bodies and image.