would you tell them

• hide it, dont run the risk of rining a family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • end it, you feel its the easiest way out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

princessbella

Registered Member
okay me and my mates were chatting and this came up, figured it would make an interesting topic

say your with someone you think the heavens of who is very close with their parents, but their beloved mother/father (which ever applies) came on to you, assuming you turn them down, but they persist what would you do?

a.) tell the person your with, risk casuing family upset, but come completley clean tell them everything before it goes on so long everything gets harder to explain

b.) hide it, avoid going round as much or ensure ur never alone near the parent, hope it all dies down.

c.) end the relationship you cant bring yourself to split the family and couldnt face keeping something that big from your loved one

id pick A =) id rather have them know and deal with it in their own way than loose someone i love, regardless of the outcome, id know i did the right thing

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I would go with A, because I couldn't not tell my mates, because after all they are your mates, suppose to look out for one another.

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
I'd go with A, trying to hide the thing is no good at all, that kind of secret will just eat away at you making any kind of family get-together with their parents awkward as hell, and I would rather tell the person I was with about the problem and at least have a shot of working it out than just break up with them without telling them anything. That wouldn't be fair to them at all since it wasn't their fault at all.

A, straight away, before it all got too hard to explain. I wouldn't feel bad about upsetting that family 'cos the person who was coming on to me shouldn't be allowed to do things like that, his family should know about it and confront him. It might be bad for other people if I just ignored it or kept my distance. And hopefully I'd feel comfortable enough around the guy I was with to tell him about his creepy parent.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
okay me and my mates were chatting and this came up, figured it would make an interesting topic

say your with someone you think the heavens of who is very close with their parents, but their beloved mother/father (which ever applies) came on to you, assuming you turn them down, but they persist what would you do?

a.) tell the person your with, risk casuing family upset, but come completley clean tell them everything before it goes on so long everything gets harder to explain

b.) hide it, avoid going round as much or ensure ur never alone near the parent, hope it all dies down.

c.) end the relationship you cant bring yourself to split the family and couldnt face keeping something that big from your loved one

id pick A =) id rather have them know and deal with it in their own way than loose someone i love, regardless of the outcome, id know i did the right thing
I think it depends on a lot of factors. I think I'd take the sexist route first. I'd be more inclined to tell about a Father comming on to his daughters friend than a Mother comming on to a Son's friend. Just because I'd be more inclined to one than the other, doesn't mean I would not do the other.
If the Mother or Father were high/drunk, I'd also tell, because, then the Child can look out for his or her parents when in that state, and they can feel semi-assured it's not a natural/usual thing for the parent to do.
The other factor would be age. If the parents Child is under 16 give or take a year or three, and so was the friend, then I'd be quite worried about what kind of deep dark thoughts this parent has, and they would be better expossed.

All in all, I think I'd choose 'A' but you unless you are in that circumstance, you don't know what happened. I've seen a few friends Mothers and though 'Ding-Dong... Hhellllllo!' but I am sure I wouldn't be so sick as to go past these thoughts and act on them.

fragile

Registered Member
I think I would have tried B for a while, trying to avoid going over there, and not be alone with their dad. Also thinking that I might have overreacted, and that maybe I just didn't get his humor or something :shifteyes:

But my friend would probably notice the change, and when confronted by that I would tell the whole story. It would be awkward, but it would also be better than him/her not understanding why I suddenly didn't want to hang out as usual.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
In all cases, I think I'd risk losing my friendship (a: if s/he reacts defensively and think I'm mental, b: if I have to hide something as impt at that to him/her and pretend everything is ok - it's too difficult for me and it won't work out, c: because it involves breaking up with friend).

Given that, I'd still go for A. At least even if I risk to lose my friendship, I would have been true to myself and I probably would do them a favor. Whether they allow this information to break their family or work through the issues is up to them and not my concern anymore.

A.

During the first confrontation it would't be funny, but down the road we'll just laugh and laugh. I wouldn't want to deal with her family anyways, so I might just use this even if the mother/father didn't hit on me... TEE-HEE :stir:

Last edited:

RATTIE

Registered Member
A, straight away, before it all got too hard to explain. I wouldn't feel bad about upsetting that family 'cos the person who was coming on to me shouldn't be allowed to do things like that, his family should know about it and confront him. It might be bad for other people if I just ignored it or kept my distance. And hopefully I'd feel comfortable enough around the guy I was with to tell him about his creepy parent.
I agree totally with you.
Pretend rep for you. :D