Would you stay with someone who does drugs?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by StroShow, Mar 12, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

If you found out that your lover or spouse was doing heavy drugs, would you leave that person? Or would you stay with that person and try to help them through their problems?

2. Raos

Raos Registered Member

Just because they are doing drugs does not mean that they have a problem.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

He said "doing heavy drugs" and that would be a problem. If they didn't try to help themselves then I wouldn't stick around and watch them slowly commit suicide.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

If they decided to get help, then I'd stay with them and help them get help and be supportive. But if they showed no signs of getting help and were constantly doing it, I'd end any relationship with them. I kicked my brother out of my apartment when he wouldn't get help for his pot addiction, and I broke off communication with a childhood friend for a time until he got clean from his crack addiction. Associating or remaining close to someone dragging themselves down is never a smart idea. If they want help, help them, but if they are going down, don't get dragged down with em.

5. Raos

Raos Registered Member

I know what he said and I stand by what I said. Let me revise my statement for you though. Just because someone is doing heavy drugs does not mean they have a problem.

There are plenty of successful contributing members of society who take heavy drugs. taking heavy drugs does not automatically mean you have a problem.

6. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I'd try to get them help no matter what...

If she and I were married there would be no question I'd be by her side.

If it was just dating, probably would try to get her help but maybe end things depending on the outcome.

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'm assuming he's talking about recreational drug use, not because of an illness. If someone is keeping themselves heavily medicated for the fun of it, it's a problem.

8. Raos

Raos Registered Member

If it was not negatively affecting her, us, others around us, etc. then yes I would stick with her. I would see it no different then someone smoking cigs or drinking.
    ------
    I disagree. That may be your definition of a problem, but that is not my definition of a problem.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  9. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I was around cocaine for a number of years when I was younger, my father did it. I've seen up close and personal what kind of negative effects it had on him and all the stress it caused our family. And for that reason, I would never get involved with someone who was dependent on illegal narcotics.

10. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

How could it not be a problem? It could kill you.