Would you sell your dog/cat for $1M?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Aug 15, 2007.

?

Would you sell your dog/cat for $1M?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a question that theoretically will never actually come up for real in your lifetime.. but, for the sake of a good conversation, here it is:

Would you sell your dog or cat for $1M?

Being a dog lover I'd definitely sell any cat for $1M, however I have had my dog for 6 years and man....

I'd probably be mad at myself for a while, but, I'd have to bring reason into the equation.

I would feel like a jerk if I did it but considering the fact that the dog won't care in the long run, and that she would probably be dead in 7-8 years from now, once that happened I'd wish I would have made the sale back when I had the chance.

I'm not 100% sure that I would do it, but then again the question most likely will NEVER come up with a real option of actually getting the cash so it doesn't really matter if I know for sure what I would say. I'm probably leaning 75/25, if not 90/10. Something in the favor of selling.

I voted yes though, for the sake of not sitting on the fence.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Dog, no. Cat, probably. I like cats, but I've never had one so I don't really know what kind of relationship I'd have with them. Dogs are awesome though. There's no way I could have sold my dog. He was like my best friend.

3. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

I would definitely sell any cat for a million!

gosh I would sell my mom's cat for $10 :D

dogs on the other hand, I dunno, I don't think I could have ever sold any dog I ever had. It would feel to much like selling a member of the family :nervous:

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Yep, and I'd do it for both of them. They die, anyway, so just let someone else have it. I'd rather live without working for the rest of my life for the cost of an animal.

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would ask the person who wants to buy my dog why they want to buy my dog. Now if they lie to me and I see my dog in a movie or commercial, I wouldn't be too happy.

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

7. Major

Would you sell your daughter? She's gonna die at some point, too.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

That's not very good logic, since I didn't find my daughter being beaten in someone's back yard in Baltimore City...

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, of course not. That's way different though. It's not really fair to compare a dog to a person in this argument, or any argument really. Dogs are stupid animals (compared to people) and won't care what happens to them. All they care about is eating, sleeping, and duplicating.

I would sell my dog for the right price, but never under any circumstances would I sell an actual member of my family.... I feel dumb even having to clarify that. :nervous:

10. Major

I was asking Stevez, and it wasn't even a serious question. I was just questioning his reasoning for selling his dog. And I disagree that dogs wouldn't care what happened to them. So wrong.