Would you risk your life for a pet?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Mirage, Sep 11, 2008.

?

Would you risk your life for a pet?

1. Yes

65.0%
  2. No

35.0%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Would you risk your life for your favorite pet? Let's say your house was burning and your pet was in a cage inside. The only way for the pet to be saved is if somebody goes in and lets them out of their cage. Would you go back in? Let's say the odds are stacked greatly in your favor. No better than 50/50 chance of success. You never know with a fire, but you are guaranteed to live if you stay put and don't try to be a hero. All the people are out. Do you go back in for your dog, cat, or whatever your favorite pet is?

It wouldn't even be a decision for me. It would be an automatic no. People are always more important than animals.

It's just not worth it, as unfortunate as it would be for the pet.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Depends how big the fire is and what my chances are for success. If I thought I could save my pet then I would probably try. If I thought there was a good chance of failure and that both my pet and I would be killed, then obviously it's not even worth trying.

3. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

I would try. My turtle,tortoise , and hamster in tanks so me saving would be the only way they would get out. As for my cats and dog it would be hard to grab them and get them out, but I would try.

RATTIE likes this.
  4. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

As much as I love my pets, I'd only go back in if I knew that my chances of success were very very good. If one of my loved ones died because they were silly & heroic enough to run back into a burning house for an animal and died in the process, I would be absolutely devastated and I would constantly be asking myself why this happened, and why they couldn't have just been smart and stayed safe. I wouldn't want to put those close to me through that kind of pain.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

50/50? Pee-Money has never hurt my heart or let me down. I can only claim the same of four people I've loved and two of them are dead.

[​IMG]

So yeah, likely so.

Attached Files:

RATTIE and raye_raye like this.
  6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I've never had a pet that I'd even consider it for. My dad's allergic to animal hair, so my brothers and I have only ever had goldfish, beta fish, and a toad (that my brother had for a school project). None of those I'd even consider saving. It's hard to say what I'd do if I had a loved pet.

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I quite probably would.

Without real circumstances it is a difficult question, when face to face with a danger we can consider all the pro's and cons but at the end of it all instinct will take over.

Running into a burning building will put others lives in danger if you were to not come out as you'd need(and hopefully) be rescued. But...then could I just stand there and watch as I know (yet could still change) the fate of a pet.

8. ComicFitz

ComicFitz Registered Member

Out of everyone I know, I would risk my life for my dog "Brin" the most.
    She is with my ex right now, but I have thought about this before and I would rather die than see Brin get hurt

This is her in my old convertible
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
    RATTIE likes this.
  9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Absolutely without even thinking about it. They are who greets me when I get home, when I wake up, when I'm sad, etc. etc...For sure. Even if I knew I wouldn't come out of it but I had the chance of saving my cat when she was alive I'd do it because we went through so much

RATTIE likes this.
  10. Exclusive

Exclusive Registered Member

I agree with Hybrix. I wouldn't risk my life for an animal that would eventually die before me.