Would you rather see a great promo or a great wrestling match?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
A great promo and a great wrestling match are what creates a perfect brand of wrestling, but if you had to chose one I was wondering what you'd pick? A good wrestler cutting an amazing or two wrestlers performing a perfect wrestling match?? Please explain

BigBob

Registered Member
For sure the match. Obviously the promo leads up to the match, but what happens in the ring is what makes it all happen. Since the whole PG-era, it's kind of hard to have great matches that I'm use to, which is a big reason I don't watch wrestling too much anymore.

Was I excited back for the Kurt Angle/Shane McMahon promo back in the day for King of the Ring? No. Was it one of the greatest matches I ever seen, hell yes.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I say a great match, a promo is good in all but it doesn't hold my attention and I typically just change the channel during the promo if it get's too long. A good match on the other hand doesn't feel long, it feels too short and I always want ore out of it.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
No matter how good a promo is, it's never going to excite me as much as a good match. I can't understand why anyone would watch wrestling more for the promos than the matches.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I was all about the promos during the Attitude Era, man did I get goosebumps when The Rocks music would hit haha...we all knew it was going to be pure entertainment when he made his entrance...

but yeah overall, yeah a good match I guess. It depends though, alot of matches these days are a hit and miss, I usually change the channel if the matches are too boring, as opposed to an awesome promo.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Good match for sure. A good promo sets up a good match..
Its all about the matches IMO

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I'm with the concensus that I'd much rather see a good match.

BUT, sometimes a promo can outshine any matches for the night on wrestling programming, and I'm fine with that. Nothing wrong with variety.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Yeah, there are some cases where the Promo could be better than the match in my opinion....

I dunno, I go sleep during the matches sometimes, or end up changing the channel.

You'd really have to be into a match to enjoy it, because if you're not, it obviously gets boring.