Would you pay ransom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Jul 2, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

If your loved one is kidnapped and they asked you for ransom, would you willingly pay or wait for authorities to catch them?

What if the demand involves something you don't normally want to do? Would you apply the "no negotiation with terrorists" policy? Or would you do what you can to meet the demands of the kidnappers to save your loved ones?

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I doubt there is anyone I love enough for me to be willing to pay any amount of ransom for.

So the answer is no.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'd do whatever it took to get any one of my girls back. As far as my other family members, they're on their own.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

if it was delaney, yes without hesitation. terrorist-schmerrorist that's my baby.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'd do it for my kids, husband, and probably for my mom and my sister (unless I'm asked to do something that will disadvantage my own family - not just financially speaking).

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

If I had the money they wanted, I would pay it. Even if I didn't know the person that well I would probably cough up their ransom, too. I don't want to be responsible if something bad happened and there was something I could do about it.

Of course I don't have any money, so... ugh... kidnappers, please don't take anybody away from me. K? Thanks. Bye.

7. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I'm very similar to Ysabel. I would do whatever it took to get my kids or husband back and I would put a heck of a lot of effort into getting either Mine or my Husband's parent's or siblings back as well.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think I would let authorities handle it. I don't think taking matters into your own hands is the best solution to situations like these.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

My sister or nephew? Hell yes.

Any of my other family members? Looks like they are SOL.

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I would not pay it. I would contact the police without hesitation.

I would entrust the police and special forces(hopefully SAS) with the whole situation, if they feel it necessary to pay the ransom then they can pay it, if they feel they can go in and rescue my loved ones then I trust them to do so.

They know what they are doing I don't.