Would you own a Segway?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Jul 12, 2008.

?

Would you own a Segway?

1. Yes

38.5%
  2. No

61.5%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If you had enough extra money to buy a Segway would you get one?

What are Segways? They are these things:

YouTube - Segway Commercial

People use them in cities generally to get around without having to walk.

I would feel like an idiot using one and I'd rather walk. Walking is good exercise and I won't have to feel superior to the world by walking. :D

I won't lie though, I would like to try one. They do look pretty fun.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

nah why buy a segway when I can make a chariot pulled by a team of guinea pigs! That would be sweet, guinea pigs with fricken lazers on their heads! That'd be one wicked cooter scooter, the Creek of my wooden axles and the Weeps of the pigs, I'd strike absolute fear into the hearts of civilians on the sidewalk, commanding their respect as I rolled through as graceful as a tumbleweed through a ghost town.

......I apologize for this, its midnight, I cant sleep, Im semi delirious from being so exhausted.

But no...no segway for me.

3. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

the commercial made me laugh. there was an episode of Frasier where Niles rode around on a Segway for the entire episode, made everyone jealous as hell. there was this one scene though, where he rode into a coffee shop and got a free drink because everyone "loved the machine", and then he gave a very inspiring speech about the future of humanity from his wheeled mount. commanding that kind of power...its tempting.

yes, if I could afford a segway, I'd rock that all day long.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Haha Obsess that episode was hilarious. Niles was the perfect character to have a Segway too. It totally fit him. For some reason I have that image in my mind for anybody who rides a Segway. A person like Niles basically. Is that wrong? :D

5. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

not at all. I think what's way more wrong is the fact that my mother always tells me that I remind her of Niles. but then again, maybe thats just further justification for me owning a Segway ~_^

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Hell no. I have too much pride going on to ride around on a segway looking and feeling like an idiot. If I saw somebody riding one of these I would laugh in my head and try to hold back laughter out loud. Not sure if it's possible to hold back laughter after seeing somebody riding around on one of these, though... :lol:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  7. zero

zero Registered Member

id own one, just for the hell of it, but i enjoy walking around the place, so it wouldnt stop me as much, but for them days where i wont wanna walk at all... id have loads of fun

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I definitely would not. I'd much prefer to walk.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I want to try one out, but I don't think I would buy one.

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

The cross-terrain version looks fun!

If it is to replace walking or cycling then 'no' I don't want one, if it is to replace the convenience that a car brings then 'yes' I want to see them about. If we are going to be lazy we might as well be lazy with these. It could be good for those middle distance journeys, too far to walk too close to drive.