• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Would you like having a maid?

Would you like having a maid?

• Total voters

wolfy

Registered Member
My boyfriend took me in, and as someone who doesn't work.. I like having the responsibility of doing things around the apartment. I think it's a small way to pay him back for letting me live here.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I hate ironing so much that I refuse to do it. I will wear clothing wrinkled. Unless it's a really nice formal function, I guess. I haven't used my iron in years. Honestly I only have it because I used to iron the pictures that I stitched before framing and hanging them.

But yes, I would love to have a maid. I don't have to have anything a particular way at all. And I don't mind if he/she takes a peek at my naughty drawer, either. If it embarrasses them, then they don't have to look.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
To be honest, I would only like one for cleaning and organizing. It is such a weakness with me, everything else I would end up doing it myself.

Bliss

Sally Twit
No. I think people should clean up after themselves. I know it is a very boring task but it has to be done. I would feel really lazy if I was paying someone to clean my house.

ancredelamour

Registered Member
if it was a maid that i didnt know whatsoever and i didnt know her friends or family whatsoever and if i could totally trust the maid then... totally

coloradocowgirl

Registered Member
I am such a clean freak I'd be doing everything over anyway. lol So no...I wouldn't like a maid... the poor thing would never feel like she was doing it right lol

Impact

V.I.P.
If I had absolutely no free time to do those things myself, then I would have a maid. Although i'd probably to be as tidy as possible so it wasn't a huge job and didn't embarrass myself with my mess. And i'd still do my laundry myseld. I dislike people doing my laundry, even my mother. But if I had the time, even if I had the money to pay for a maid, I don't think i'd have one. It would seem like an invasion of privacy that could be avoided.

redroses

Registered Member
i would absoloutly LOVE to have a maid...i am terrible at cleaning, i just hate doing it and it takes me aaages...i probably shouldnt admit this but my mum often comes to my flat to help me clean it properly so i kinda already have 1 lol

Dekzper

Registered Member
No way, never ever period! They're eerie mouths and can't trust them! And she DEF needs to KEEP OUT of MY room, it's invading my space! When I leave home, NO MAIDS PERIOD EVER! At least she's only part-time now but it still f**ks with me since I cant be home all the time. I hope she finds a job somewhere else!
Oh, /end of rant.

maat

Registered Member
We had a partial maid for a while, we had her do specific jobs and it was a great experience.

I have not mowed my lawn in three years, we pay our adult children to do it. They like having the extra money.

A dig I can't resist is that I am an Oklahoma University sooners fan with no college degree. I pay my son-in-law to mow my lawn who has a degree from Oklahoma State University, our inner state rival.