• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Would you like having a maid?

Would you like having a maid?

• Total voters

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
We have a cleaning person that comes once a week to clean the house. He doesn't cook or do laundry though. I think that would be a little strange. If I were living on my own I guess I wouldn't mind having someone clean for me, but it's not really necessary unless my schedule is really busy.

I come from an area where a lot of people hire people or crews to do everything for them: clean, mow their lawn, grocery delivery, etc. I think it just encourages laziness.

viLky

ykLiv
Nope. Few of reasons:

1) I HATE people touching my stuff: kids, grow ups, monsters. Don't touch my stuff.
2) I can do it myself. It's not like I'm a hoarder where I have tons of shit piled up, I live a somewhat organized life and I can clean up my own mess.
3) It would feel like I was owning somebody. I really don't like telling people what to do/not to do. Am I going to go up to somebody I'm paying and say "Can you please clean my windows?" Na... I'm not a bossy person in real life. Me not being bossy + Me feeling like I'm owning a slave = -2

Negative 2!

Dabs

Registered Member
No, I would never want a maid~
I wouldn't want her/him to be snooping thru my personals or anything....and there are some things in my home, I don't allow anyone to touch~
Besides, I am perfectly capable of cleaning up after myself.......so that's the way it shall be~

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
For free, yes. Why not.

Paying her? God no. Why would I pay someone to do something I can easily do myself? It would be stupid and a waste of money.

Livvy

Registered Member
I actually love house cleaning. I look forward to getting the chores done Saturday mornings. I would however love for someone to come in and mop my floors and clean my baseboards. I hate that chore.

sugar_lump

Registered Member
In theory yes because housework is boring and I don't particulary enjoy it.
However I would never hire one because I like things done MY way. I would like someone to do my ironing though because I HATE it with a passion :lol:

kitchendame

Registered Member
I would love to have a maid. Even if he didn't do things exactly the way I wanted it would be easier to rectify that than do all the housework from scratch. And I love things tidy, even though I am so busy.

Konshentz

Konshentz
No. As much as I hate cleaning up, I'd rather do it myself. Plus, I enjoy cooking and such, so I could handle it. Unless she was one of those maids from the paysites, I'd have to pass. Haha.

Dabs

Registered Member
In theory yes because housework is boring and I don't particulary enjoy it.
However I would never hire one because I like things done MY way. I would like someone to do my ironing though because I HATE it with a passion :lol:

I know someone who loathes ironing with a passion.
My worst chore would be vacuuming...I would rather scrub commodes and bath tubs and sinks over vacuuming any day.
And laundry and dishes are my favorite chores :)