• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Would you like having a maid?

Would you like having a maid?

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would definitely like one to come an hour or two a day to clean the house. I wouldn't want her to cook my meals or anything of that nature, but just come wash the washrooms, dust and pass the Vacuum. I could do my own laudry and cook my own meals, and do whatever else that needs to be done.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Someone cleans our house once a week (she's more of a family friend now than a cleaner) and I think that's the maximum amount of input I'd want from any kind of maid. She only comes because my parents are way too busy with work to get everything done themselves, though the cleaner doesn't do any ironing or laundry or anything.

I definitely would not want a maid doing my laundry or cooking. It wouldn't feel right, I guess.
This.
We too, have a family friend that does only the cleaning but nothing more. I wouldn't want anyone else to cook for me, except my mom. I'm very picky when it comes to eating.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
It seems like a nice idea, but I'd say no, since I hate people going through my stuff. My belongings need to be exactly where I left them otherwise I go into "super bitch" mode because it pisses me off to have to spend 20 minutes looking for something I left on a coffee table. Plus, its kinda lazy, not to mention expensive. I'm not gonna spend money on something that I can do myself for free. It makes sense if you're working 2 jobs (or bedridden or whatever), and have zero time to do housework.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it depends. I don't cook so it would be nice but honestly I would just crawl to mommy if I needed a home cooked meal.

I'd prefer to wash my own clothes too...just something about someone I don't really know cleaning my clothes.

I think if anything it would be cool to have someone come in once a week and clean up the house but that's about it. My grandma has someone come a couple times a month and its pretty cheap and it really helps her out.

So I guess my answer is semi yes haha

Malificus

Likes snow
If I don't have to pay for it. I would like to have a maid. They could keep my place cleaner than I would.

I like cooking though. So I'd do that myself. The maid would simply be there as a cleaning lady.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'd say yes...I'm a pretty unorganized/messy guy a lot of the time, it would be a big help. :)

Still, I'd only ever get one if I was living in a mansion or won a contest, lol.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I would like a maid to come over once a week to clean as my work schedule is crazy and I am way to tired to clean when I get home from work.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'd love to have one!

Actually I was raised in a household with maids, nannies and a cook. You can say my childhood was spoiled but I still learned how to manage a house. I'm just explaining why I wouldn't have the "it's not right" feeling when I think about someone who is paid to clean, cook, wash my laundry or run errands for me. But I'm now alone with my 3 kids. Any help of course is appreciated. :)

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
To an extent - yes I would like having a maid. I say "to an extent" because I wouldn't mind having someone to help with cleaning the home or doing general house keeping activies except laundry, I would prefer to do that myself. I wouldn't want someone to do the cooking for me either. Some things I like to do for myself and other things I wouldn't mind having someone around to help.

I wouldn't want a full time maid, and I wouldn't want to let a maid that I don't know personally loose on my house while I'm not there.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I wouldn't mind a maid for the obvious conveniences.

There are a lot better things to spend money on than a maid.