Would you like having a maid?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dDave, Sep 4, 2010.

?

Would you like having a maid?

1. Yes

53.8%
  2. No

46.2%
  1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Pretty simple questions really, would you like having a maid?

Basically this would include cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. all the usual stuff.

I for one don't think that I would enjoy having a maid, I don't like it when somebody does everything for me, I very much prefer being a bit more independent. I also like having stuff done my way especially when I have the option to do it myself.

How about you? Would you like having a maid? Or are you more comfortable doing stuff on your own.

2. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I have a maid and the only downside to it is that she shows up at 8 am every other week to clean the whole house up. It is well worth it.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I would have her only if I was busy enough that I couldn't do anything in the house. Otherwise, I'd do everything by myself.

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I mean, yeah.. it would be nice to have one..

but no, I wouldn't like one.. the only thing I wish I had a maid would be to pump my gas once every 2 weeks. I have a problem pumping gas in public, I don't know what it is.. I just can't do it. I know how to, but I have people do it for me.

5. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

This. Grandma has a friend, well, my Uncle's ex-wife that needs to make an extra buck on the side so she comes over to clean the house every other Sunday usually. This just includes the upstairs, as I maintain and clean my own bedroom. I also do all the laundry.

So yeah, we technically have a maid. I just wish it was weekly, because for one woman she can get pretty messy. Not that it bothers me; my space is taken care of.

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

No thank you because I am an independent person and very picky about my stuff because where I leave it, I expect to find it there couple of weeks later.

7. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Definitely not a full time/life in maid doing everything including the cooking. But for cleaning, yes. We have a maid now twice a week that cleans and washes laundry and irons. I would definitely like to always have a maid at least once a week to clean.

@ BigBob - you should move to South Africa. We have petrol attendants. No one here has ever put their own petrol in. We don't even get out of the car at the petrol station. :)

8. Danno

Danno Registered Member

Hmmm..maybe part-time yes. I need to keep myself busy occasionally to take my mind off of most things.

She could clean but nothing else, like Curiousgirl said, but I enjoy cooking as it is a hobby of mine and nobody else in my house does the D.I.Y work, that is my area of expertise.

9. Vixen

Vixen Registered Member

I voted no. It's too easy to hire a maid, in my honest opinion its just lazyness, although if you have a really busy schedule like for work etc then fair enough.

I get great satisfaction out of doing things around the house, makes me feel like a great wife material, although I do get my boyfriend to chip in now ad then and he is quite happy to do it.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Someone cleans our house once a week (she's more of a family friend now than a cleaner) and I think that's the maximum amount of input I'd want from any kind of maid. She only comes because my parents are way too busy with work to get everything done themselves, though the cleaner doesn't do any ironing or laundry or anything.

I definitely would not want a maid doing my laundry or cooking. It wouldn't feel right, I guess.