Would you have taken it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, May 9, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yesterday I went to pay my cell phone bill, and when I was getting out of the store and into my car, my window was down and this guy in a SUV pulls up beside me and says" This might be a really weird question, but I have a home theater system in my truck, do you want it for free?" I said no, then he replies " Are you sure man? I got it for free from work"

The guy really wanted to get rid of it for free.

What would you have done?

And why?

2. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

No, absolutely not... I would assume it was stolen and that he was trying to get it off his hands as fast as possible.. and maybe that is because I live right near a city where you see people selling things out of the back of their car all the time, but like you, I would have said no.

I wouldn't want my name tied to it if it were to have possibly been stolen.

3. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I don't know. I'd size the person up before. There's a lot that you can tell about a person just by first glance. If he looked like a tweaker or a Hells Angel, I probably wouldn't have. If he looked "normal" to me, I'd probably take it. I wouldn't tell anyone, I wouldn't ask any questions about the system, and if it weren't boxed, I wouldn't have taken it.

The less you know about a situation like that, chances are, the better you off you are. What's the worst that can happen? Cops show up at your house and you give it back without the knowledge that it was stolen goods?

Who knows, maybe he really did get it from free from work. I've won two sets of airline tickets without ever recalling entering any contest to win them. Sometimes people really are just lucky.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Daaaaamn tough call MJ...

I think I would say no though. I would have to assume something was up...whether stolen or what. Maybe he was on the run and the cops knew he had it as evidence in a crime...and then YOU have it...not good most likely.

I mean who gives that away for free? Just seems too awkward.

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

It could be a stolen piece of property and I wouldn't want to have anything to do with it. Another thing is that it probably doesn't even work.

6. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

If it didn't work when I got home with it, I'd disassemble it and play with the magnets in the speakers.

7. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Yeah it sounds too dodgy so I would decline.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The guy looked really normal, he was driving a very expensive SUV, he was wearing a nice dress shirt. The only thing was that he was out of breath, he didn't give up asking me after the first time I said no. I just didnt want to take that chance.

9. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

The Menendez brothers had nice SUV's and clean shirts, too. That doesn't make a person look normal.

I'm talking more about subtle characteristics than that.

Tucker likes this.
  10. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

That is so fraking dodgey mate, I would of said No straight up if you got caught with it you'd be in serious problems.

Im a real paranoid guy and I would think shit this is a sting operation or this guy wants me to take it and then follow me to my house so he can rob me etc. So I would of told him to fuck off!

But what a wierd thing to happen, some people are crazy.