• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Would you go to Jurassic Park?

Would you travel to Jurassic Park?

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Here's an interesting question that I know people will want to discuss.

Let's assume, for a moment, that Dennis Nedry never shut down Jurassic Park and tried to steal the embryos. Rather than fail miserably the park makes it to opening.

Question: You win an all expense paid vacation for one week to travel to Jurassic Park. Would you go?

I think the popular answer here is probably going to be no but I think I would go. If the electricity/system was up and running then I do think the park would have been perfectly safe. The only real issue was Dennis totally and completely screwing everyone over.

Would you travel to a real life Jurassic Park?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Absolutely.

I used to love dinosaurs when I was a kid and to actually be able to see some live in the flesh? No way I could pass that up. And yeah, if things go down like they did in the actual movie, that would suck. But what are the chances? Haha.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nope I wouldn't. I think dinosaurs are great but I don't want to see one up close and personal. It would be my luck that electric fence would fail and I would be lunch.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yep, I would definitely go. Seeing real, live dinosaurs would be worth the risk. And you have to figure a park of that nature would have plenty of fail-safes in the event that something does go wrong.

dDave

V.I.P.
Nope I wouldn't. I think dinosaurs are great but I don't want to see one up close and personal. It would be my luck that electric fence would fail and I would be lunch.
How could you NOT be interested to see one up close and personal? Seeing an animal that's been extinct would be awesome.

I don't think they were necessarily as mean as the movies make them out to be, some of that really is just Hollywood.

Yep, I would definitely go. Seeing real, live dinosaurs would be worth the risk. And you have to figure a park of that nature would have plenty of fail-safes in the event that something does go wrong.
Yep. Totally explains why the park in the new movie is open and bad stuff goes down ;).

In all seriousness, I think any actual park that opened like this would be pretty safe. You know, most of the animals at the zoo could really hurt you. Tiger, Lions, Polar Bears, Sharks, Crocidiles, Gorillas, Chimpanzees, etc. but nobody seems to be too afraid of these.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Uhhhhh duh? Easy choice for me

I have a fascination with all extinct animals so there's no doubt I'd be at Jurassic Park the second I was able to do so. Dinosaurs rule.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'm gonna be a real girl here and agree with Hilander with a resounding HELL NO. I would imagine a real park would be very safe, but with their size and strength, could humans really understand what it would require to keep them contained? I wouldn't trust it. Besides, I have two irrational fears... One is spiders and the other is being eaten alive. No thank you.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
With technology nowadays, I'd go. As dDave said, the only reason the cages failed in the movie was because of that greedy guy. That's super rare ( :lol: ) but seriously, I would definitely check it out. If one did escape, I guess I'd get eaten, but I wouldn't care, or rather I wouldn't be able to care haha, I'd be eaten.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I don't think I would be able to trust greedy/lazy/stupid little humans to reliably contain ferocious prehistoric beasties for the safety of the public. I'd be the guy developing the anti-dino tech after they inevitably escape and eat Smelnick. :D

That would be right around the time I develop holo-saurs and begin charging admission. Sorry Smel, you should have waited. :D

- Cham

Last edited:

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
It would be fascinating. Yes, I'd love to go.

Interesting how, though the film was fantasy at the time, it is now not beyond the bounds of possibility that it could happen for real. Or at least not bringing dinosaurs out of 'extinction', the expanding world population makes that impractical, but some extinct species from recent centuries, the dodo for example, could be brought back. And wouldn't that be wonderful.