Would you go on trial on a TV show?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Would you go on trial on a TV show?

1. Yes

6.3%
  2. No

93.8%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Would you go on trial on a TV show with a TV judge? Contrary to what some people seem to think, the cases on these judge shows are actually real disputes. The people sign papers agreeing to settle their matters privately and that they will accept whatever the "judge" decides. And they are paid money. A few hundred dollars at least.

Would you take a dispute onto such a TV courtroom for the world (or at least the bored part of it) to see?

I would not. Most of the time it seems that those people get slammed pretty hard and both sides of the argument end up looking like idiots.

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I should sue you for slander to see if we could get on a show. That would be funny. :lol:

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It depends on the nature of the trial. Some cases are often private in nature. Going to TV for that is almost Jerry Springerish without the physical attacks, just verbal grandstanding and public humiliation. If the trial case at hand is a publicly related concern, why not? It might open an interesting debate in public and even affect to change policies and systems.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I cant stand these TV trial shows they are so annoying, and personally I dont believe it's real, but that's not the topic in hand. I personally would never go on a television trial like the ones they have for Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown, it's so rediculous and annoying.

5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I don't think I would. Even if I had a rock solid case in my favor, I'd end up with the stupid bitch Judge Judy and I'd get raped for everything that I'm worth. She doesn't like men whatsoever.

And any of the other tv judges are all fucknuts that I wouldn't want patronizing me anyway.

6. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Judge Judy just needs to know what my bitch neighbor did.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

No, I would never go on one of these shows. I don't think something like trials should be exploited for entertainment purposes.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I wouldn't go on a show like that, especially if it was a private matter. You just end up looking like a joke anyway. I suppose it depends on the nature of the trial.

9. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

No, I would never have a issue taken care of by a TV judge. I just don't want to air my dirty laundry on national TV. To me going to a TV court show is the same as going on springer minus the hair pulling, over acting and chair throwing.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Never in a million years. If I was going through a legal battle I wouldn't want to share it with the world. I don't care if I got money out of it. It should be one of those things kept in a private room and settled without cameras.