• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Would you ever move to Canada

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure a lot of Americans or people overseas don't know all the laws in Canada, and the benifits that we get, so if you want to know anything, just ask me or Smel and we'll do our best to answer them.

Now back to the topic in hand. Would you ever move to Canada? It would be for a minimum of ten years. Let's pretend all your close family members would be coming along with you.

It could be anywhere in Canada?

If yes why? If no why?

Please give a good explainasion for your selection.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Yes yes and yes again :nod:

The only reason I'm still here is because of school and family. Ok, two pretty big reasons lol. But I would love to move to North America some day. It's unlikely to happen though because it's so difficult. Ideally I'd move to the US but Canada would be a firm favourite for second place so I'd go with pleasure. I can't say where I'd like to go exactly because I've only ever been to Ontario. We stayed in Toronto and I loved it.

Arathald

Registered Member
I probably would, If I didn't get the chance to live in Japan long-term. I have dual US/Canadian citizenship, so I would probably have a slightly easier time of it than the random American.

I am the kind of guy who would be perfectly happy living in a random corner of the world as long as I got certain basics met (like being able to find friends, food, a job, and a place to live, and I'd probably absolutely require internet access too).

Although I suppose this means that I don't have a terribly specific reason besides 'why not?'.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Yes, I would consider it if they take the US too far left. At least I would know what to expect going in. All of the Canadians I have ever met have been laid back fun loving folks, a little more on the "wild" side compared to most Americans. I would want to live in a warmer rural/remote area on a river where salmonoids spawn. I know land is much less expensive there and lots of great fishing.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Hell yes I would, in a heartbeat. I can't quite put my finger on it, but Canadians seem to have a different attitude than Americans. More laid back? Less afraid of each other? Less arrogant? (well except for you, Biz) (lol j/k). Less about me me me? Whatever it is, yes I love Canada and Canadians, and I've considered moving there many many times. Not that I hate America, but I completely despise some of our ways.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
:lol: It seems you get Smilin if things here in the US continue down this path and Jeanie if they don't :lol:

Can I bring my guns?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Probably not, too cold and not enough Mexican food places to keep me happy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jeanie, I have to agree with you about your statement of Canadians being more friendly. Now, I'm not saying that all Americans are this way, but I just believe Canadians are more polite(except people from Quebec, sorry but it's true) they don't think so highly of themselves.

CO: There's a lot of great Mexican places around Canada, probably not as much as your customed to, but I'm sure you'd find a few amazing places.

On to the weather, I think that would be a big issue for a lot of Americans, here in my area we get about five months of winter(November-March/April) but the summers are really warm. So places in Canada aren't this bad though.

Sorry Puck, didn't mean to forget you, especially that you live so close to me lol.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Probably not, too cold and not enough Mexican food places to keep me happy.
Let's find a warm place and open a Mexican restaurant. You can cook, I'll greet, Jeanie can tend bar, and if business is slow well invite BR & Smel and drink margaritas all day! Take the winter off and go south and visit friends. ;^)