Would you be offended?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Pugz, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

BBC NEWS | England | North Yorkshire | Outrage over pregnant shop dummy

In a nutshell, the shop owner sell underwear for pregnant women and had a dummy with a bump; she's been told to take it down from her window cause it causes offence.

Would it offend you?

I wouldn't be bothered by it, the underwear looks nice so i see it as 'you can be pregnant and still feel sexy' kind of thing. People are so weird.

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Every single person who is alive today was one of those bumps at one time.

I don't get it.

3. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

[SARCASM]
    what about test tube babies?!
    [/SARCASM]

i think some lady wanted money so she went looking for someone to sue, was probably hormonal at the time... it'll blow over pretty quickly

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Not at all. If people are offended by that then I suggest they don't ever go outside or watch TV again. There are plenty of worse things that will easily offend them.

5. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

The weird thing was, on the news, they took the dummy out into the streets and asked people about it; the guys were fine, the middle-aged and young women were fine but it was an old biddy that wasn't.

I can see why the old biddy might not have liked it, being old fashioned and all, but women walk around with they're bellies out all the time.

6. Jeanie

the sarcasm tag means that you know that they weren't grown in a test tube for 9 months, right?

Mirage likes this.
  7. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

the sarcasm tag was the closest thing i could get to "JUST KIDDING!!!"

8. Jeanie

ok just checking. :D

9. KiethBlackLion

KiethBlackLion Registered Member

There's a motherhood/maternity store in our local mall and their manequins have baby bellies. I think that anyone being offeded by this story needs to get a life.

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I wouldn't be offended. I mean, I probably wouldn't even notice she was pregnant instead of just a "plus size" dummy.