• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Would you be interested...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In a Sheamus vs. Drew Mcintyre program?

Personally, I would love too. I've been waiting for these two to start a feud in the last few months. I know both of them have been heels for the most part since they've entered the WWE, but I believe they could have good chemistry together and put on some good matches. Both match-up pretty well phycally and in ring skills. Sheamus is better on the stick, but Drew isn't to far behind.

Thoughts?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'd love to see this program, as well. As both of them have developed, I've been thinking for a long time that either a run as a tag team or a feud against one another would really be entertaining.

Not only would it have that cultural intrigue of Ireland vs. Scotland, but I think that their smash-mouth wrestling styles would be really compatible.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well now that Sheamus is on RAW and Drew is on Smackdown it makes this a little bit hard to pull off. I mean I would love for it to happen I just don't think it can since they are on different shows.

I think I would put Drew as the face as well. I think something like that would be good for his career. Both he and Swagger need a face lift, so to speak.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Well now that Drew is on RAW and Sheamus is on Smackdown it makes this a little bit hard to pull off. I mean I would love for it to happen I just don't think it can since they are on different shows.

I think I would put Drew as the face as well. I think something like that would be good for his career. Both he and Swagger need a face lift, so to speak.
Fixed, lol.

I guess there is always Bragging Rights, though...but I agree, Drew would be the good face in this scenario IMO. (I agree about Swagger, too).

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Damn it I knew I messed something up after I put that haha...but yeah, what Unity said. Draft is confusing me already!

I mean we dog on the brand extension because guys go from show to show alot but you don't usually see an actual one on one feud. Swagger was on RAW because of the King/Cole thing but that's about it besides the tag title scene.

Regardless, maybe one day we'll see that feud. I think the matches would be very good.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
YEAH! For some reason, the two of them could probably do a good program. Ireland v Scotland... through in Barrett for England and we can have a British Isles Brawl!

I love this idea, but Drew should NOT turn face.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know about the Brand Extensions, but I'm just talking in general here.

If these two do a program, I agree that Sheamus should be heel and Mcintyre should be face. I'm really intrigued on Drew being a face. I think he could do really well since he's a pretty boy and such.

Ireland vs. Scotland is definitely a huge selling point, and the WWE could actually work some magic with that angle. Also, I agree with you Unity have the smash-mouth type of matches these two can have. Both of them can be very stiff at times, and it wouldn't be any different if they feuded.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Personally if i was to turn either of them face it would be Sheamus. I think he's more naturally likeable than Drew McIntyre, and i think he's got much more personality than McIntyre.

I wouldn't have minded seeing them in a tag team at some point. I think the fact that they're both from Gaelic/Celtic countries, they'd be a logical partnership, and i think they could have been a really awesome, dominant tag team. I love the thought of a nice long feud between someone like The Hart Dynasty and Sheamus/McIntyre.

Though of course, this is just an idle fantasy of a perfect world where the WWE actually has a tag team division :p

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Personally if i was to turn either of them face it would be Sheamus. I think he's more naturally likeable than Drew McIntyre, and i think he's got much more personality than McIntyre.

I wouldn't have minded seeing them in a tag team at some point. I think the fact that they're both from Gaelic/Celtic countries, they'd be a logical partnership, and i think they could have been a really awesome, dominant tag team. I love the thought of a nice long feud between someone like The Hart Dynasty and Sheamus/McIntyre.

Though of course, this is just an idle fantasy of a perfect world where the WWE actually has a tag team division :p
I wouldn't hate the scenario of Sheamus as the face in that picture, it just wouldn't be my first choice. But you do make a good point, Sheamus' mic skills are slightly better than Drew's at this point. Not by a ton, IMO.

It's funny that the WWE doesn't consider big-name teams like this, really. You've got a lot of young starpower right now, and not all of them can get mid-card title shots or main event opportunities at the same time. Why not build some meaningful tag teams while waiting? I'll never know.