Movies Would you be afraid telling anyone that a golf movie is one of your favorite sport...

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
There's a lot of great Golf movies out there: The Greatest Game Ever Played, The Legend of Bagger Vance and Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius to name a few. I really enjoy all those movies. Would you ever be afraid to tell anyone that one of your favorite sport movies is a Golf one?

Discuss

Bliss

Sally Twit
This is quite possibly the most obscure and specific question I've ever encountered - not just on the Internet but in life.

If my favourite movie was a sports movie and it happened to be a golf movie... No I don't think I'd mind telling people that my favourite sports movie was a movie about golf. Is that something people should be embarrassed about?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see how I would have a problem with this. If other people don't like all the same movies as I do then that's not my problem. As for golf movies, the only golf movie I've ever seen is Happy Gilmore though and I would definitely have a problem telling people that was my favorite sport movies. (If it even counts) :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Assuming there was a golf movie worthy of being my favorite sports movie, then no I would not be embarrassed to tell people. It's kind of a ridiculous question. There is nothing wrong with golf. And I don't think sports movies are that great to begin with. They are usually very cliche.

I love the film Caddyshack. That count??

To answer your Q, no, I would not be ashamed/afraid in the slightest. I've never seen any of those movies that you listed, though.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Tin Cup..... my heart melted.

Not really though :hah:

But seriously... if the movie was good enough to make me feel good after it. Nah I wouldnt be ashamed to say that I liked it and would consider it my favorite sports movie.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
No I wouldn't be afraid of telling it if it's really true. I do like several sports movies, not so much golf because I don't remember golf movies anyway. If I enjoy a movie then whether others find it lame, I don't care.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think he was getting at the "Is golf really a sport?" thing, plus the fact that golf is often thought of as even less thrilling to watch

Hiei

The Hierophant
Golf isn't my favorite sport, so does that disqualify me from answering?

Happy Gilmore was a pretty good funny movie, though.