Movies Would you be afraid telling anyone that a golf movie is one of your favorite sport...

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by StroShow, Feb 12, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

There's a lot of great Golf movies out there: The Greatest Game Ever Played, The Legend of Bagger Vance and Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius to name a few. I really enjoy all those movies. Would you ever be afraid to tell anyone that one of your favorite sport movies is a Golf one?

Discuss

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

This is quite possibly the most obscure and specific question I've ever encountered - not just on the Internet but in life.

If my favourite movie was a sports movie and it happened to be a golf movie... No I don't think I'd mind telling people that my favourite sports movie was a movie about golf. Is that something people should be embarrassed about?

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't see how I would have a problem with this. If other people don't like all the same movies as I do then that's not my problem. As for golf movies, the only golf movie I've ever seen is Happy Gilmore though and I would definitely have a problem telling people that was my favorite sport movies. (If it even counts) :lol:

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Assuming there was a golf movie worthy of being my favorite sports movie, then no I would not be embarrassed to tell people. It's kind of a ridiculous question. There is nothing wrong with golf. And I don't think sports movies are that great to begin with. They are usually very cliche.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I love the film Caddyshack. That count??

To answer your Q, no, I would not be ashamed/afraid in the slightest. I've never seen any of those movies that you listed, though.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Tin Cup..... my heart melted.

Not really though :hah:

But seriously... if the movie was good enough to make me feel good after it. Nah I wouldnt be ashamed to say that I liked it and would consider it my favorite sports movie.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

No I wouldn't be afraid of telling it if it's really true. I do like several sports movies, not so much golf because I don't remember golf movies anyway. If I enjoy a movie then whether others find it lame, I don't care.

8. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think he was getting at the "Is golf really a sport?" thing, plus the fact that golf is often thought of as even less thrilling to watch

9. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Golf isn't my favorite sport, so does that disqualify me from answering?

Happy Gilmore was a pretty good funny movie, though.

10. kitchendame

kitchendame Registered Member

Nope, not at all. I happen to think "The Greatest Game Ever Played" was a wonderful movie--one of my favorites, really.