Would you adopt?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Pretty simply question here, let's pretend you could afford to adopt a child, would you ever do it?

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yep, i'd also foster. I have a lot to owe to the people who took me in when I had nowhere, so i'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd prefer to adopt over having my own child, guess I just want to avoid all that pain.

3. Squeakers

Squeakers Registered Member

Yes. If I could afford to help others in such a way like adopting then definatly yes.

4. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I would adopt. I would want to try and have my own children first but if I was unable then I certianly would adopt a child and try and give them a good home to live in.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

No probably not. I'm not against the idea of adopting (I don't mean in general because that's obvious, I mean for me) but I wouldn't do it unless I was with someone who wanted to. I'm really not fussed on kids. Maybe it will change as I get older.

If I actually wanted kids then yeah I'd do it.

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i don't know. i'm not against adoption but i'm not into kids that much [at least at this moment of my life].
    i would adopt a kid only if i were sterile and would want a kid really badly.

7. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I actually plan on adopting one or more kids (as well as having one or more naturally). There are so many kids out there that need loving homes. The only thing that would stop me would be lack of funds. It's rather expensive.

Jeanie likes this.
  8. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

If I had the funds and a stable and large enough home then yes I would I would go for adoption/foster children.
    My parents did have a foster daughter way back in he 60's when they only had my older brother, they fostered a little girl girl of around four from a west Indian background, they faced a lot of racist taunts through out the time they had Liliy Bell but have both said they would not have changed it for the world.

So if I had the funds and space in my home to look after a child like that I would jump at the chance.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I definitely would! I would do that in a heartbeat.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

If I wanted children and had the money to raise them and give them a good education then I would definitely consider adopting a child or two.