• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Would you adopt?

Bcatz3

Registered Member
If you could never have children would it be an option for you to adopt a child?

Do you think you would have any trouble with the child not being your own blood?

If you thought you could not have a child naturally and then did could you still love the adopted child?

I don't think that I would have any trouble loving a child that was not my own because I know what it feels like not to be loved by your parents.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I could easily adopt a child and love it as my own for the rest of my life, even if I had my own blood child later. Adoption is basically a choice you make to love that child as your own. I have thought about the possibility of adopting in the future, and it's not a very hard decision to make.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've always said that fostering and adopting children is something I would want to do, even more than having my own maybe, which in my case could be a very complicated situation. In the end it would be something I'd have to discuss with my partner, but I for one would have no trouble loving an adopting child as if they were my own. Having the same blood doesn't mean that much to me.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I don't want any kid to have to grow up like I did. So yes, yes, a million times yes. I would much rather start my own personal family if I can at some point but if that doesn't really happen, adoption might.

The idea of being able to do right by a family of my own or a kid that needs someone in their life is one of my strongest desires and motivations in life, I dunno what else to really say.

Elanor

Registered Member
I would adopt a child in a heartbeat! I have seen children who live in awful conditions and have been mistreated through my job and it is heartbreaking. But then I have seen the effect of fostering and adoption on these kids, and the transformation is amazing! I would definitely give a home to a child who needs one, every child deserves a warm, loving home. If I was in a good financial place I would of applied already.

If I then had, or already had, children I don't think it would make me love an adopted child less. It may be slightly different, but certainly I would love them both/all.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Absolutely I would. I thought about it for some time a few years ago. I was never blessed with a son so I thought about adopting one but never did. With what is going on now maybe it's better that I never did but I certainly thought about it at some point and a part of me regrets never doing it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
If you could never have children would it be an option for you to adopt a child?
I certainly would but I would want a baby as a first choice.

Do you think you would have any trouble with the child not being your own blood?
Not at all.

If you thought you could not have a child naturally and then did could you still love the adopted child?
Kind of a loaded question but I understand where you're coming from. I'd love all of my children equally. An adopted child is still my child.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I'm not sure. I don't really like children to begin with but then I think life will get lonely and somehow I'll need a motive and a kid to take care of. Probably the desire for kids changes with age and the biological clock will tick. If yes, I don't think I'd have a problem with the adopted child. I should need him/her for real in order to adopt him/her.

I have a high respect for those who adopt. It's a huge commitment for someone who's not your own blood.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I can't imagine myself with a child and childbirth frightens the life out of me. I know it's a silly reason not to have a child, but my main reason is because I think I'd be crap at it. I am so clumsy and I feel a little immature.

I think if I was ready for a child, I would adopt if I had to. I feel I am a loving and accepting person. I mean there are heaps of orphans out there who are desperate to be loved. Blood or not, it wouldn't matter if you had it in you.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really don't know. I know if a disaster happened and a neighbors child was left homeless I would take them in. I would love them and take care of them as if they were my own.

I had a neighbors child tell their parents that they were moving in with me when their family was talking about moving.