Would You Admit You Had A Drinking Problem?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Most of us enjoy a few drinks but who is big enough to admit they drink too much?

I'll admit I have a huge drinking problem. I eat very little and I drink way too much, I not only drink in social situations but I drink on my own too. It's definitely something I need to address.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I drink alot, both on my own and with friends, but i won't say i have a problem with alcohol. Me and alcohol get along just fine. Everyone else has the problem

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I wouldnt say I had a drinking problem. I do like to have a social drink with mates, and I will admit to going overboard a few times before, but I can say I dont have a drinking problem.
If I had one though I think it would be hard for me to admit it.

Last edited:
Big of you to admit that here. Good luck with addressing it.

I definately don't have a drinking problem. I drink with my friends only about once a week and get really drunk about once every couple of weeks. I never ever drink at any other time, especially not when I'm alone.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
If I did, I wouldn't admit it. I'd do the classic rationalizations of why I have to drink so much. ex: It's not a problem. I can quit anytime.

It would take someone on the outside to tell me.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Not any more,i still enjoy a drink,i still get drunk and every so often i will go overboard but i dont drink anywhere near the amount that i used to.
Between the age's of 18 to 22 it was a non stop party,i was drinking 5 nights out of seven and oblitarated for at least three of those nights.

I got to the point where myself and my friends would start drinking friday night,pass out,wake up and reach for a beer and do that till monday morning.

I go for a long time now without drinking alcohol,i kind of grew out of the party life style.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
As GF's Drunkard, I think that, yes, perhaps I drink a little too much, but would I say I have a problem? No.

I would have a drinking problem if I got drunk every night, but I don't. I would have a drinking problem if I couldn't hold my drink, but I can. I would have a drinking problem if I drank way too much on a work night, but I don't do that either.

Thus, I don't have a problem. Working in a bar has given me the opportunity to see drunks at their worst. This probably helps.

Drink responsibly!

RATTIE

Registered Member
I know fine well I DO have a problem.
I have no off switch.
I can go weeks or months witout a drink, but once I start...........

Luckily I can function when I stick to my usual, get myself home, even if I have to walk a mile or two.

I only drink at home now and just fall asleep after 3 or 4 cans now which is great. :cool:

Blueyes

Registered Member
I think everyone could possibly go down that road and I know for a fact I could without even trying but you just gotta try to keep it in check. I'm no where near as bad as I was drinking every night and on weekends but my birthday is usually the worst and 1 year I drank a bottle of whiskey at home. I woke up the next day and it was almost night.