Would having a few million dollars change you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubbles, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I actually got the idea for this after viewing Ilus_Unistus' 1 million USD thread. It got me thinking, "if I had a shitload of money, would I change my attitude?"

Well, would it? For me personally, probably not since I’m already kind of an asshole to begin with. People would just go “Eh, she was always a douche.”

So, would having a lot of money change you?

2. Hissa

Hissa Registered Member

Personally,I do not think that having a lot of money would change me.......
    That is for sure....:rolleyes:

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Nope, if I won the lotto or fell into an ungodly amount of money... I dont believe it would change me. I honestly believe I'd do well and be the kinda person that you'd never even know I was packing a bank roll bigger than most states budgets.

I do know it would amplify my habit of giving. Because if I wasnt concerned about getting by myself... then I'd be willing to help people out all the time. For instance I wanted to give 50 bucks to Chaos' jump, but if I did Kim would kick my ass because we cant afford it right now not with concerns about buying a house and paying for the wedding on hand.

Had I been filthy rich, I'd have given him 5,000 easy. So other than amplifying my habits of giving money away to people I care about... it wouldnt change me.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  4. konboye

konboye Registered Member

There has to be some kind of change, for the better or for worse? Of course it will change you, and I'm thinking it won't be for the better.

5. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

If I were to get a shit-load of cash, I don't think it would change me much. I will say I might become a bit more jaded depending on how many people from highschool and whatnot suddenly wanted to start hanging out and whatnot. Around my normal friends I would be, most likely, the same, except a bit more generous.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't think I would be much different if I won a few million dollars. I would be more of a high roller obviously, but I wouldn't change my friends, I wouldn't be a cocky person either. I know it's easy to say since I don't have that money in my bank account, but I honestly don't believe my personality would change.

7. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

Not in a bad way, it would gave me some more money to help me get my life back on track and so I could go to school. Other than that I'm not very materialistic so chances are nobody would even know. The only big purchase I would make is a small to medium sized house. I wouldn't want to spend more than 250-350k on one if I got a few mil at once.

8. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

This is pretty much my answer. I'd be the same guy just someone who gives more. It wouldn't change me as a person in any way.

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd be less stressed so I'd probably be more peaceful, but other than that, no. I'm already as generous as I can afford to be, so I would be the same only I'd be able to give more.

10. WhiteCastle

WhiteCastle Registered Member

My question is how could it not? Money changes everything, from your social life to your personal life.