• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Would-be Xbox 360 scalpers are robbed

Wrecked

Registered Member
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/7298929p-7210664c.html

boomerang effect, do something good/bad and it comes back to you eventually.

IMO, scalping is bad.

there's a band called Cold Play and they're pretty well known. well they were going to play a show in San Francisco and some scalpers bought all the tickets online within 10 minutes and started selling tickets on ebay that went upwards to $800+ when retail price was around $40.

2 of my friends were looking forward to the show and cried/were bummed out when they heard what the scalpers did. so they camped out at the venue 10 or so hours before the show and were the first in line [ w/no tickets ]. one of the band members saw them [ they had a sign stating what happened to them ] and the band member put them on the guest list, they also made it to the front of the stage. it was in the local news.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
That is what happens when people try to make some money on an extremely hot item. Everyone else seems to want one.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Wait, I'm confused.... the article is about the Cold Play band ticket scalping or the xbox 360 robbery?

*reads over article again*

I think perhaps the scariest thing about this is that one of the guys in line had a gun on him and brought it to the line with a bunch of people around trying to get an expensive item. The only time I'd consider something like that is when my safety is in danger and nothing else.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I love reality, it's always better than those dumb lies about the bad guys always winning in real life...

But wait, according to the article, they were selling 2 for $600... if they were $399, wouldn't 2 for $600 be a good deal? I'm thinking they meant to say $600 each. But either way, they were just asking to get robbed. Why not just go to a crowded street yelling "I won the lottery! The winning ticket's right here!" then walk into a dark alley?