• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Worth Every Penny

Iris

rainbow 11!
Have you bought an expensive item that turned out to be worth every penny? What about the opposite?

The most expensive item I've bought would have to be my xbox and that is definitely worth every fucking cent. I love it.

I can't think of anything expensive I have purchased that turned out to be a waste of money. usually I put a LOT of research into anything expensive that I want to buy.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Have you bought an expensive item that turned out to be worth every penny?
I paid full price for my Xbox when it first came out and I've never regretted it. Same for my first laptop. I had it for five years and it was still in perfect working order and usable as a daily machine when my ex kept it.

What about the opposite?
I paid $300ish for an ASUS Transformer Pad (TF400T) and cracked the screen within a week. They wanted the price of a new tablet to fix it so I saved a few dollars and bought my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and I absolutely love it. The Transformer was a big mistake.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I really want a galaxy tab, but it seems like my GS3 but with 10" screen. So I went with my nook, i didn't need anything super fancy. I'm glad you like the galaxy tab, though!

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Pretty much anything I buy electronically I think it's worth every penny. I love my plasma tvs and my nook, ipod, and both of my xboxes. I think they were all worth every penny.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's similar to the GS3 (which I also have). The interface is a lot more tablet-ey and I feel like I can do a lot more on the tablet than I can my GS3. Also, my damn GS3's screen cracked and my Galaxy Tab has been very durable.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've spent a lot of money on hiking gear. Some of it has been worth every penny. There are some things that I bought and didn't like very much though, even after doing tons of research on them.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
My computer, easily. Spent about $600 on it brand new and it's served me well for about 5 years (with only two components upgraded along the way).

Biggest waste of money? Kindle. I never really used it for anything other than games. It collected a lot of dust so I eventually just sold it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I bought the extra warranty on my first LCD TV was worth every penny. The stupid things picture got to looking horrible and since they couldn't fix it I got my money back, TVs came down in price so I got a larger one.

Elanor

Registered Member
My PS3 was worth the money I paid for it. I use it for blu-rays, PlayTV and gaming, so it is in use everyday.

On the opposite side, my car is really not worth what I am paying (it is on finance). It has so much go wrong with it in the last 2 years and I have ended up spending even more on it. Final payment on it is september then it is all mine and I can get rid of it!

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Uh, my increasing education, as well as rare metal investments. About it really...