• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Worst wipeout

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.

So I guess I will go first.

The worst wipeout I've had was when I cart wheeled down the street at over 40mph. I tried to toe break and lost my footing and well you guessed it.
Rag doll time!!!

I broke my collarbone and chipped my clavicle and got road rash on half of my back. (Before Impact armor) Not to mention completely destroying one of my Hockey jersey.

If it weren't for the wristgaurd gloves I would haven broken both wrists too.

What did I learn? Not to try to toe break at 40mph unless you want to be a human rag doll.

I was glad that noone saw the wipeout!

So how abought you? What is you worst wipeout story? And what did you learn from it?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
OW! That hurt just reading.. I definitely was feeling for you as you described that. Man, too bad you didn't have that one on video even at least for yourself later on. :) Of course it might be a popular crowd pleaser over at YouTube too if you had it. :D

I've never wiped out on a skateboard but I did have some really painful snowboarding wipeouts, at least one involving hitting my head really hard on the ground after rolling a few times. I'm still a beginner though so my wipeouts aren't going to be that bad yet.

;)

Jak_It_Up

Registered Member
the worst wipe out i've had would be when i was riding down a road around my neighborhood pretty dang fast with one of my friends and i hit a pot hole, landed face first but my helmet stopped my face from seriously getting smashed. my arm was cut and scraped severely from elbow to wrist. and my bike almost got runover and i don't remeber much after that.

unrealphantasy3

Registered Member
I've had tons of wipeouts in my years of snowboarding, some pretty bad, but nothing that brought about a hospital visit. i tough it out.

ACCER

Registered Member
My worst was when the proverbial tree ran out in front of my snowboard and I woke up trying to figure out what planet I was on.

I'm ok now though.

tater03

Registered Member
I would have to say the worst accident for me was being on the back of a four wheeler and my husband hit a major bump and I flew off the back. I was alright in the end but man did I hit hard. I thought I broke my tailbone there for a few.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
My worst wipeout was just yesterday on a mountain bike. Was going downhill at about 40mph on a cement area and swerved off onto some gravel and lost control. Went head over heels and rolled a few times but not before gashing both of my palms real deep with gravel and rocks, not to mention my right arm pretty bad.

Was trying to sleep just a few minutes ago but ended up waking up due to the sheets rubbing against my scabs which woke me up pretty quickly. :(

It's not quite as bad as yours Night but at least yours is over for you. :) Typing with just a few fingers per hand really stinks. :(

ACCER

Registered Member
The worse accident I had that I can remember was on a bicycle and my brother grabbed the front of the bike....while on his motorcycle. I went down and instinct had me grabb the baby carrier on the back whcih held my 2 year old niece. I was drug about 100 feet and lost most of the skin on the right side of my right leg. I was lucky, no scares.

dDave

V.I.P.
My worst accident is probably when I fell while hiking on a mountain, I dug rocks and dirt deep into my left hand all the while tearing off a lot of the skin from my elbow down to my hand, Then I fell on my knee, unfortunately for me I just happened to land on a sharp rock and it dug straight into my left knee and straight down to the bone.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I had a chain break on my bike once, at a fairly decent speed. I lost my balance and about 1/4 of my right leg was covered in scab. I couldn't walk very far, or even move it much without tearing the scab... it hurt... and it bled... a lot.